Filter Fluval2

  • timboellis
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 2, 2002
      Hi All

      I have just set up a new tank with a fluval 2, instead of my usual
      Under Gravel Filter.

      However the thing that i am wondering is that with a air pump i could
      get oxygen into the tank before but with the Fluval 2 do i still need
      a air pump to work with this or is the Fluval enough on its own?
    • ardoucette
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 3, 2002
        --- In UniQuaria@y..., "timboellis" <timboellis@y...> wrote:
        > Hi All
        >
        > I have just set up a new tank with a fluval 2, instead of my usual
        > Under Gravel Filter.
        >
        > However the thing that i am wondering is that with a air pump i
        could
        > get oxygen into the tank before but with the Fluval 2 do i still
        need
        > a air pump to work with this or is the Fluval enough on its own?

        Hi Timboellis,
        An air pump does not get oxygen into the tank via the bubbles but
        because the rising bubbles create water movement at the surface.
        Surface motion is what you are after. They sell a cheap spray bar kit
        for the fluval filter that helps improve this surface agitation if
        your tank depth and/or filter placement is such that you are getting
        none with the filter.
        Arthur