Re: Call 4 Opinions please

  • Jimmy
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 31, 1999
      >I was thinking along the lines of a
      >sterilizing agent.... instead of Chlorox.
      >:-)

      Hospitals uses alcohol swaps (little square cotton with moist alcohol) on
      their patients as a disinfectent - prior to an injection or as a wound
      cleaner.

      What about using something like methylated spirits . However, be careful as
      it is highly flamable and it may damage the silicon sealents.

      Another alternative - time tested tradition. Wash the tank with soap and
      boiling hot water . That should cook almost anything that is hidden in the
      tank.
      Jimmy Ng
      <Singapore>

      mailto:007-@...

      "Of the things we think, say or do:

      1. Is it the Truth?
      2. Is it Fair to all concerned?
      3. Will it build goodwill and better friendships?
      4. Will it be beneficial to all concerned?"

      "The 4-way test" of
      Rotary International
    • Tony Schembri
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 10, 1999
        I think, in fact, that you might just be right, Glen.

        Tony.

        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 10, 1999
          '"disinfecting" of the skin before taking a blood sample, or giving an
          injection is, in fact, just a popular myth. It is impossible to actually
          disinfect skin in this way -- what is done, at most, is degreasing skin, and
          generally removing coarse dirt particles -- however much you wash, you will
          always find quite a lot on human skin.

          Tony.