Re: [UniQuaria] Aqua-Stop, not!

  • Blue Eyes
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 30, 2001
      > The Aqua-Stop on my Fluval 304 is leaking already. It is less than 6
      months old. Has anybody else had this happen?

      Yes, but it's not leaking, really - it's jammed. The aqua-stop design has
      two stoppers that are pushed against a pair of o-rings from inside the
      assembley by springs. Well, since all the stuff sucked up by the filter
      goes through here, occasionally something gets stuck between the stopper and
      the o-ring, causing that headache. Just have a bucket nearby, and if it
      doesn't stop, move the tubes over the bucket, then push the offending
      stopper in, and wiggle it around a bit - this usually gets the offending
      blockage out, and things work perfectly.

      Granted, I agree that a ball-valve would be much better - like eheim, and
      filstar, and magnum filters use, but I don't want to spend the money for a
      double disconnect when the aqua stop will work

      Derek Johnson
      djohnson1981@...
      my fish - www.geocities.com/djohnson1981