Re: No more toxic fish!!! / Michelle

  • plum111_2000@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 1 6:29 PM
      Michelle,
      Sorry I didn't mean to put you on the spot.I know one person could
      not possibly know all the answers.Also I have this thing about
      asking question that most likely no one else would.Often after
      asking a question I will get a response like-that's a new one on me
      I have never had that question before.I also have this desire to
      learn everything possible about anything I care for(to bad I didn't
      get the right information this time).This sometimes is good other
      time it tend to be bad.Anyway thanks for the suggestion on which
      group to join.I have joined but not posted yet.After doing more
      research I have almost decided to stay away from this group of
      fish, at least for now.I will be doing a bit of fish shopping
      tomorrow and hope to add 2 or 3 max. to this tank.The ones I am
      seriously thinking about is a Yellow Tang and a couple of
      Banggi(spelling?) Cardinals.From everything I have found these
      seem like they would do well together.If anyone know differently
      please let me know.

      Angie
      Ohio

      > I have never kept Puffers, so instead of giving you false
      information, the
      > best advice I could give you is the address to an excellent group
      that
      > specifically deals with Pufferfish and relatives
      > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CowfishPuffers_andMore This list
      doesn't get
      > a lot of email [I am a member, and our Carol is also] but if you
      have a
      > question or problem, you'll get a quick response. Or you can email
      your
      > specific question to Theresa Ulrich cowfishpro@c... the group
      owner, and
      > she'll do her best to help you.
      >
      > Good luck and sorry I couldn't be of more help,
      >
      > Michelle, LMD in Honolulu, HI
      > http://dive.to/UniQuaria
    • Michelle
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 1 7:15 PM
        Hey Angie :)

        From: <plum111_2000@...>
        : Michelle,
        : Sorry I didn't mean to put you on the spot.

        You didn't! I'll be the first to admit that I am not as knowledgeable as
        some, but if I can point you to the right person I will :)

        : I know one person could
        : not possibly know all the answers.Also I have this thing about
        : asking question that most likely no one else would.Often after
        : asking a question I will get a response like-that's a new one on me
        : I have never had that question before.

        You're a lot like me! I do that too, I'm always driving people crazy with
        questions ... but it means you're thinking and learning :)

        : I also have this desire to
        : learn everything possible about anything I care for(to bad I didn't
        : get the right information this time).This sometimes is good other
        : time it tend to be bad.Anyway thanks for the suggestion on which
        : group to join.I have joined but not posted yet.
        : After doing more
        : research I have almost decided to stay away from this group of
        : fish, at least for now.

        I hope its just for now. I know how you said you loved the "dog-faced
        puffers" ... maybe it could have a tank to itself??? That way it wouldn't
        have other fish to harass or startle it and it would be less likely to
        poison itself.

        : I will be doing a bit of fish shopping
        : tomorrow and hope to add 2 or 3 max. to this tank.The ones I am
        : seriously thinking about is a Yellow Tang and a couple of
        : Banggi(spelling?) Cardinals.From everything I have found these
        : seem like they would do well together.If anyone know differently
        : please let me know.

        I love, Love, LOVE the Banggai Cardinals ... have you been here
        http://www.ffexpress.com/fish/cardinals/banggai.htm This is one of the fish
        that I will have when I set up my *Dream Reef Tank* [few years from now]. I
        think they'll get along with a single Tang fine. I looked at a
        compatibility chart and it was "with Caution" but with your 75, I think
        they'll be fine.

        Good luck,

        Michelle LMD in Honolulu, HI
        http://dive.to/UniQuaria
      • plum111_2000@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 3 12:15 AM
          > : After doing more
          > : research I have almost decided to stay away from this group of
          > : fish, at least for now.
          >
          > I hope its just for now. I know how you said you loved the "dog-
          faced
          > puffers" ... maybe it could have a tank to itself??? That way it
          wouldn't
          > have other fish to harass or startle it and it would be less likely
          > poison itself.
          > This is a real possibility.Only thing is I'm not what the min.
          tank size for a lone dogface would be but I have been looking
          at new tanks.Shh...don't tell my husband.I wonder with as many
          as I have going if he would even notice a new one(as long as
          it wasn't huge).

          > I love, Love, LOVE the Banggai Cardinals ...

          Let me guess you LOVE Banngai Cardinals.No really I know how feel
          on this one.Someone here suggested the Pajama Cardinal(I think
          it may have been Lois),anyway off I went to the fish store but
          sadly no Pajamas.Just as I got to the last row of tanks I noticed
          the Banggais.At the time I didn't know anything about them not
          even there name but I knew one way or another I had to have one
          or two or ten.I was amazed that you keep several of these together.
          Because with so many saltwater fish it is only one kind per tank.
          But anyway I brought one home tonight and the manager of the lfs
          is willing to order as many as I want so maybe in a few weeks I
          will have a couple more.Also I understand these have already been
          bred in a tank so maybe one day I will be lucky enough to post
          a message with the title'I have baby Banggais'.Thanks alot for the
          info.

          Angie
          Ohio