Re: [UniQuaria] please help, clowns, ph, bogwood survey!!

  • Thomas Funk
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 31, 2001
      >and those that didnt, if those of u who have/had clowns with plants (or had
      >clowns with plants) could answer the questions it would be great
      Clown loaches? They never bothered my plants over the year and a half they
      were together. I removed my plants after I recently moved (except some
      which have sprouted up through no encouragement from me :) ).

      >1, what is the ph
      7.5

      >2, do u have bogwood
      Is driftwood the same? If so, yes, one piece for my bristlenose and clown
      pleco. Ahhh, you must mean clown plecos :). This guy actually occasionally
      munched on my amazon sword. Not too bad though.

      >3, how many clowns
      1 clown pleco. 5 clown loaches :)

      >4, size of tank
      40 gallons

      Tom
    • TiggerTabby@CS.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 2, 2001
        PH 7.4
        Driftwood yes
        4 clown loaches
        50 gal
        Do not seem to be doing a lot of damage to plants, I also feed frozen blood
        worms, algae wafers and shrimp pellets
        Thanks for the Discus info
        Gena
      • Michelle
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 2, 2001
          Sorry, I must have missed this the first time around ... hope it's not too
          late -

          pH 7.4
          Temp 75-78 F
          Driftwood yes and African Bog wood too
          3 Clown Loaches about 2-2.5 inches each [had them since July 2000]
          37 gal [with Angels, Mollys, Tetras, and a Pl*co]
          Do not seem to be doing a lot of damage to plants
          They hide out most of the daytime in their cave
          I feed frozen blood worms, algae wafers, flakes, and shrimp pellets.

          Michelle LMD in Honolulu, HI
          http://dive.to/UniQuaria
        • Vicky100@aol.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 2, 2001
            Hi there...
            Well, I have also noticed that my otos look "thin" so being I dont
            have access to the Sera Micro food, I decided to try grinding up an
            algae wafer (with my morter and pestel)to a powder.They dont appear
            to be interested in the wafers when I put them in the tanks, they
            just rot there till I take them out, anyway, I sprinkled some powder
            in each of the tanks with little or no algae. Will this work instead
            of the Sera Micro food?

            Take care
            vicky