Re: Problems and HELP! Please

  • Carol E. Keen
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 18, 1999
      Dear Bill,

      I know why you lost the Newts. O.k. Ready? Newts are freshwater critters,
      and all you fed them was saltwater foods. The acids in them are really
      diffrent. Newts can eat feeder guppies....and freshwater ghost shrimps. They
      can't eat saltwater foods a lot and stay alive. Freshwater daphnia
      cultures....they can snack on those.

      I hope this helps you! By the way...what sort of tank set up do you have for
      them?

      Carol :)
    • JACKHANSEN@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 18, 1999
        hello ....the newts I have do very well on live brown worms ..or blood worms
        they call then at some fish stores ....also night crawlers do just fine if
        you cut them into small enough peices for them to eat ....

        jack