Bettas

  • dr.jay@xxxxxxx.xxx.xx
    Message 1 of 75 , Apr 26, 1999
      Hi,
      my bettas have just lay quite a number of eggs..hopefully all eggs will be fine..just to make sure i'm right pls do advice the following..thanks

      1 My water right now is cloudy,do i need to change them?I'm worried i might lost some of the eggs .

      2 I have add some medication to prevent fungus,will the medication do any harm to the eggs?

      3 What do i need to feed the hatch fry?

      Thanks in advance..cheers:)
    • wild child
      Message 75 of 75 , Oct 15, 2013
        could you send or post the article or point me in its direction??? would be really interested in it ...   as long as it is not too much work for you!

        thanks!

        On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 6:54 PM, <patsangels2@...> wrote:

        Here is a great little article about the Otos... It mentions they are sensitive to water quality....

        http://nippyfish.net/bettas-101/tankmates-for-bettas/otocinclus-catfish-bettas/

        ---In UniQuaria@yahoogroups.com, <uniquaria@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        You know.. I adore those little otos but in 20 years of fishkeeping I have never managed to keep single one alive for more than a couple months.  I gave up after 4 .. seemed like I was knowingly sacrificing one if I bought it to try again.

        So not the right one to tell you if they are compatable or not!

        On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 12:27 AM, <fran.lannom@...> wrote:

        It's been way too long since I've had an aquarium and am considering getting a 5- or 10-G tank for one betta and maybe a few otos.  I'm concerned about compatability.