Re: [UniQuaria] Corydoras - and my tankpopulation

  • Marianne Kristiansen
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 1, 2000
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "Bekah C." <rebekahaquarium@...>
      To: <UniQuaria@egroups.com>
      Sent: Saturday, September 30, 2000 7:39 PM
      Subject: Re: [UniQuaria] Corydoras - and my tankpopulation

      > Well Marianne,
      >
      > It is time for a salt tank! Set it up then tell him to bring some of
      those
      > shrimp back live.:)

      That would be fun! But apart from the fact that I have no equipment for
      salt water, I guess the biggest problem would be keeping the temp. low
      enogh. The waters around here are definitely cooler than my living room!

      >How many types does he catch?

      Mainly one, but I have seen two other kind among them once in a while. And
      crayfish. And tomorrow the lobster-season starts, so then he will start
      fishing for lobster :-) That would be some tank!

      > A whole tank of
      > different shrimp would be awesome. Then you could try slipping some
      monos or
      > black mollies in with them.;) If you don't take the salt levels too
      high
      > they should be OK.

      awsom! But I don't think I would have put the mollies in there. They are
      beautiful fish, but they would make the tank look funny, I think. Ruining
      the biothop... And look too small alongside the other inhabitants.

      Have anyone set op a tank like that? With local fish and plants (weed) I
      mean?

      Take care,
      Marianne