Re: [Management]List Politics

  • Tom Bates
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 29, 2000
      Hello;

      I got the same meaning out of Rebekah's post as Laura and Joanna. The person
      who was in question was on UniQuaria and this other list. The questionable
      comments were directed at the other list.

      Without knowing the exchange of dialog it is hard to say if this was purely
      malicious in nature or if prior conversations prompted this response. I
      sincerely hope the latter is true. I know the attitude of some list members
      (other lists, not UniQuaria) give off a "holier than thou" attitude. If this
      were to happen I can see how harsh words would be used to respond in
      defense. In an attempt to enlighten the other members of our list, a member
      might recommend a list with a friendly atmosphere. If this defensive
      response was included within the same post, as the recommendation of another
      list, it could give off the wrong meaning. You never know, this defensive
      response might have been stewing for quite some time.

      While I cannot condone any personal attacks on UniQuaria, I can encourage
      active member searches by our members. While I have no control on the
      running of these lists we will welcome all new members with the same respect
      our members have come to value. As a list moderator, I can not actively
      advertise UniQuaria on other lists as this is unethical but I can not stop
      our members from seeking out prospective members in any way they choose.

      On a side note, I noticed we had more members subscribe today than we have
      had in a while. I have no way of knowing if these members came from the list
      in question. If I assume these members *did* arrive at UniQuaria from the
      reply on this other list, I would think many others must have felt the same
      way as the person who voiced their displeasure of this other list.

      Tom Bates - Senior LMD
      Allentown, PA USA

      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 2, 2000
        In a message dated 2/29/00 9:28:41 PM EST, laura385@... writes:

        > I don't
        > think we have the sort of problem here that she was referring to, but, I
        > think
        > that treating her post in this way is rather rude.
        >
        > Laura
        > TN USA

        I don't think Tony was trying to be rude, he just didnt understand what she
        was referring to. I personally didn't either, I apparently missed all of
        that.
        Carli LMD
        TN USA
      • Tony.
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 2, 2000
          I must confess I'm lost here. All I meant to say was that I agreed entirerly ..
          Don't really know what it sounded like I was saying, tho
          Sorry all round.
          Here's my ref. anyway
          >> It's actually quite a serious issue. It's not very nice if
          people are so full of themselves as to put down every other fish list in
          existence ..

          Tony.

          > > think we have the sort of problem here that she was referring to, but, I
          > > think
          > > that treating her post in this way is rather rude.
          > >
          > > Laura
          > > TN USA
          >
          > I don't think Tony was trying to be rude, he just didnt understand what she
          > was referring to. I personally didn't either, I apparently missed all of
          > that.
          > Carli LMD
          > TN USA

          > DON'T HATE YOUR RATE!
          > Apply NOW!
          >
          > Too much mail, too little time?
          > 'Digest version' allows you to receive up to 25 messages in a single mail.
          > mailto: UniQuaria-digest@...

        • Tony.
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 2, 2000
            >> It seems the thing seems to have been not to sell anchovies for tuna ..
            :o))
            Oh, you meant this ,.., not to worry, wasn't even minimally thinking of putting
            Rebekah down .. What would have been the point of doing that ?????

            Tony.