Re: What are these eggs???

  • Carli613@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 4, 2000
      Thanks alot Wilma! Well, poo, I don't think they are any good. They have
      not hatched and are not grey. No fungus, but they are definitely still white
      and I think they are softer now. So am I to assume I have no males, or is it
      possible they just didnt see the eggs???
      Thanks to all that helped...now I know what cory eggs look like and what to
      do if I am lucky enough for this to happen again!
      carli LMD
      TN USA
    • Lois Pandya
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 4, 2000
        Carli,
        Don't throw them out if they don't have fungus. Just maybe they are something
        else or maybe the temp. or something is causing a longer time for them to hatch.
        Lois

        > From: Carli613@...
        >
        > Thanks alot Wilma! Well, poo, I don't think they are any good. They have
        > not hatched and are not grey. No fungus, but they are definitely still white
        > and I think they are softer now. So am I to assume I have no males, or is it
        > possible they just didnt see the eggs???
        > Thanks to all that helped...now I know what cory eggs look like and what to
        > do if I am lucky enough for this to happen again!
        > carli LMD
        > TN USA

      • Wilma Duncan
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 5, 2000
          Carli, they may stil lhatch and if they don't have fungus and don't hatch,
          you may not have a mail.How many corys are there? When I buy corys I always
          purchase 4 to 5 more if I can. This gives you a good ratio of having at
          least a male or female. Keep us posted and if you have any more questions
          e - mail me. What type of corys are they?
          Wilma

        • Carli613@aol.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 5, 2000
            In a message dated 2/4/00 7:52:24 PM EST, biglo@... writes:

            > Carli,
            > Don't throw them out if they don't have fungus. Just maybe they are
            > something
            > else or maybe the temp. or something is causing a longer time for them to
            > hatch.
            > Lois

            Thanks Lois, i was thinking the same thing, they are still in the moss, I
            didn't have the heart to toss them until I was SURE they were not going to
            hatch. :-)
            Carli LMD
            TN USA
          • Carli613@aol.com
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 5, 2000
              In a message dated 2/5/00 11:58:02 AM EST, omb00726@... writes:

              > Carli, they may stil lhatch and if they don't have fungus and don't hatch,
              > you may not have a mail.How many corys are there? When I buy corys I always
              > purchase 4 to 5 more if I can. This gives you a good ratio of having at
              > least a male or female. Keep us posted and if you have any more questions
              > e - mail me. What type of corys are they?
              > Wilma

              Thanks Wilma, there are 4...but I mixed the species when I didn't know it was
              better to have all of one kind. One bronze, one albino, and 2 melanistius.
              The melanistius are still kinda small...I have no idea how long it takes
              corys to reach maturity. I never researched corys much as I never would have
              dreamed in a million years they might spawn in my water.
              carli LMD
              TN USA
            • Wilma Duncan
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 5, 2000
                Carli, the books say they will not spawn until 2 years old. This is what
                happened to mine. I spawned my green corys last spring _ april- as they grew
                I sold some to a friend of mine- they were five months old. This winter they
                spawned and they put the eggs in a breeders net. They ended up with 18 fry.
                I now have four of the fry. Of course this proves the books do not know all.
                The parents were raised on my special mix of food and I believe this is why
                they matured so fast. You probably had a female to lay eggs and no male to
                fertilize. Try to find you some males. if corys have good water conditions
                and great food, they will suprise you.
                Wilma