Re: [Question] Cycling my tank????

  • Tony Schembri
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 1, 1999
      Yes Becs (sorry Carli, hadn't yet read your post) I agree with Carli. All
      you really need to know right now is which fish are hardy enough to Cycle
      with ( and danios are a first choice with many ) and which aren't ( the
      expensive ones usually ! )

      Don't despair if you lose one or two danios on the way !

      You're not doing anything wrong when and if this happens. It's just that
      sometimes, just sometimes, the nitrite and ammonia peaks just get too much
      for your Cycling fish.

      Otherwise as Carli says, just let it happen.

      Incidentally, what kind of filter have you set up ?

      Tony.
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 1, 1999
        Thanks Tony that does help :o)

        >From: "Tony Schembri" <schembri@...>
        >To: <UniQuaria@onelist.com>
        >Subject: Re: [UniQuaria] [Question] Cycling my tank????
        >Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 23:14:29 +0100
        >
        >From: "Tony Schembri" <schembri@...>
        >
        >Go to this site, Becs, where all will be explained ( and not in a lot of
        >pseudo-scientific nonsense Language either) Good site, by my Standards ,,
        >
        >http://freshaquarium.about.com/home/freshaquarium/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?sit
        >e=http://www.cco.caltech.edu/~aquaria/Faq/begin-cycling.html
        >
        >c' ya in the fishroom !
        >
        >Tony.