Re: Sparkling Gourami Breeding behavior

  • Tom Bates
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 31, 1999
      Carli;

      After reading Joanna Seidel's post, I looked up the scientific name,
      Trichopsis pumilus, and found another common name for this fish to be the
      Pygmy Gourami.

      Tom Bates - Senior LMD
      Allentown, PA USA

      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 1, 1999
        Well there is bubble activity amongst the sprite I will keep you all posted.

        Joe

        >From: stonecreeklock@... (Joseph Eisenhart)
        >
        > Hi Joe, you lucky dog, I've been waiting for Sparklers for months,
        >to go w my Colista chuna ( honey dwarfs), and Pygmy Corys. If they are
        >spawning, you'll notice the presence of a quarter sized bubble nest at
        >the surface, hopefully among floating plants, such as Water Sprite. Good
        >Luck, and PLEASE keep us posted. I can at least spawn thev
        >vicariously...... Joe LMD
        >
        >>Too much mail, too little time?
        >'Digest version' allows you to receive up to 25 messages in a single mail.
        >mailto: UniQuaria-digest@...

        Joe Saucedo
        Lead Tester
        Don Johnston Inc.
        jsaucedo@...
      • Joe Saucedo
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 1, 1999
          I left my baensch at home this morning anyone else have the name handy?

          >From: Carli613@...
          >
          >What does a sparkling gourami look like? Scientific name? I have never
          >heard of these.
          >Thanks!
          >Carli LMD
          >TN USA
          >
          >>Too much mail, too little time?
          >'Digest version' allows you to receive up to 25 messages in a single mail.
          >mailto: UniQuaria-digest@...

          Joe Saucedo
          Lead Tester
          Don Johnston Inc.
          jsaucedo@...
        • Carli613@xxx.xxx
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 1, 1999
            In a message dated 10/31/99 8:27:06 PM EST, fish2r@... writes:

            > After reading Joanna Seidel's post, I looked up the scientific name,
            > Trichopsis pumilus, and found another common name for this fish to be the
            > Pygmy Gourami.

            Thanks Tom! I have heard of the pygmy though I had never seen a pic (nor
            heard them refered to as the sparkling gourami) until the one that was posted
            a couple days ago.
            carli LMD
            TN USA