Arrowana

  • fmark@kepsec.com.sg
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 14, 1999
      Hi !

      I've got a silver arrowana (1.5 ft) for sale. Its in a
      beautiful and healthy condition. Sale price is $80(Neg). If any members out there is interested,
      please call me at 96550433.

      Regards

      Mark
    • Kok Tong Tan
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 14, 1999
        Hi, Mark!!!

        Welcome to UniQuaria!!

        I see you have a silver arowana to sell... Is it the wild species, with
        a pointed, tapered tail... or is it the hybrid species with the fanned
        tail?

        If it is pointed tail, then sorry to break this to you but the price is
        a bit too high. If it is the hybrd fan tail species, than the price is
        right.

        I noticed your add in Classified- Don't worry, you should be able to
        find buyers soon. I just sold my own silver pointed tail arowana 2 weeks
        ago for S$40!

        BTW, what fish do you keep, now? :)

        Keep chatting!

        Stanley.

        > Hi !
        >
        > I've got a silver arrowana (1.5 ft) for sale. Its in a
        > beautiful and healthy condition. Sale price is $80(Neg). If any members out there is interested,
        > please call me at 96550433.
        >
        > Regards
        >
        > Mark

      • bran_everseeking
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 6, 2002
          I dont think so after all.
        • bran.everseeking@sk.sympatico.ca
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 6, 2002
            confused? I don't blame you.

            that reply was to the second message in the archives of the list and
            had nothing to make any part of the conversation clear. there are 855
            members and that was message 52583 in the archive; the topic line is
            not enough to keep understanding alive

            One would think the list admin might promote clear lines of discussion
            but that does not seem to be the case. Even extensive replies can be
            baffling if there is no context provided regarding what one is talking
            about. You say so blah@... got it but if only blah gets it and
            all you care about is blah it should be email to the individual not
            the list which defeats the idea of us all sharing, learning and
            enjoying the hobby/lifestyle.

            You know what else? Yahoo has messed up my settings again; just where
            n the world was it 11am when I sent that

            In <a3r2tm+1kp7@...>, on 02/06/02
            at 11:09 AM, bran_everseeking <bran.everseeking@...>
            said:

            |>I dont think so after all.
          • Tom Bates
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 6, 2002
              Bran;

              Yes, you have me very confused.

              If you are talking about editing Subject lines to show the content of the
              post when the subject changes, I can't agree with you more. I mention this
              in a List Guidelines letter that gets posted automatically every other week.
              Unfortunately though, there is no way to enforce this from an administration
              standpoint. Since the vast majority of our members are un-moderated, their
              posts appear on-list exactly as they were sent.

              If you are talking about including the original message within a reply, this
              is also addressed in the same List Guidelines letter. Again, we must
              remember the administrators have no way to enforce this. We suggest it be
              done and tutor members who do not know how to make these settings in their
              e-mail programs but that is where it ends.

              We do encourage all discussions continue on-list so every member can have
              the ability to either participate or follow along but should two members
              decide to take their discussion off-list, we can't insist this not be done.

              If neither of the above mentioned situations address your concern to your
              satisfaction, please elaborate and I'll do my best to explain or correct
              exactly what we can do or expect our members to do.

              Tom Bates - Senior LMD
              Allentown, PA USA
              http://groups.yahoo.com/group/UniQuaria
              http://www.UniQuaria.com

              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 6, 2002
                In <009401c1af30$22b283a0$7fa9e518@...>, on 02/06/02
                at 12:03 PM, Tom Bates <fish2r@...> said:

                |>If you are talking about including the original message within a
                |>reply, this is also addressed in the same List Guidelines letter.
                |>Again, we must remember the administrators have no way to enforce
                |>this. We suggest it be done and tutor members who do not know how
                |>to make these settings in their e-mail programs but that is where
                |>it ends.

                this is what I wrote about. As both civilians and admin staff are
                writing followup emails with no referenece to the submission being
                responded to I suspect that the unfortunate list guidlines have become
                insufficient. I would not dream of making this a place where all the
                "staff" have time to do is enforce rules (watched that kill off
                moderators from the days of 300 baud modems and dial up bbs's). What
                does work is gentle, personal contact about style.

                a reasonable quote from the email often goes further toward making a
                reply understandable than a brilliant command of english. It is
                amazing what can be conveyed with context.

                |>If neither of the above mentioned situations address your concern to
                |>your satisfaction, please elaborate and I'll do my best to explain
                |>or correct exactly what we can do or expect our members to do.

                the "Staff" can help the members develop as good netizens by, as much
                as reasonably possible, modeling the way things are expected to be
                done here and elswhere and by giving chronic folks a gentle nudge.

                thanks for considering the situation Tom
                Any Discordian is expressedly forbidden to believe what she reads.
                -Discordian Catma
                bran.everseeking@...
              • Tony'
                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 6, 2002

                  What are chronic folks ? just curious.
                  By the Way, Style would dictate that you sign your post whoever you are.
                  Regards,
                  Tony.

                  Message 8 of 8 , Feb 7, 2002
                    In <3C6230EA.000001.44267@q5p4d1>, on 02/07/02
                    at 08:46 AM, Tony' <schembri@...> said:

                    |>What are chronic folks ? just curious.
                    |>By the Way, Style would dictate that you sign your post whoever you
                    |>are. Regards,
                    |>Tony.

                    chronic is in the english dictionary. in this case it would be people
                    who never quote appropriatly.

                    That seems to be a signature down there thanks.

                    If you have trouble with identification you can always check the from
                    line in your email program or even on the website.