98417Re: [UniQuaria] Pleco question: Greens for big pleco

  • Frank M Greco
    Oct 13, 2013
      On 10/13/2013 12:54 PM, wildchild1961@... wrote:

      oh cool... so THAT was what I was doing wrong.. lolol I am a big fan of kale and put it in my tank for my plecos.. a couple nibbles but no real enthusiasm..

      Try collard greens as well. Both kale and collards are excellent, nutritionally.

      kale: http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/vegetables-and-vegetable-products/2461/2
      collards: http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/vegetables-and-vegetable-products/2410/2

      .  never thought of freezing it first to soften it up!

      Yep, better than heating.  Less nutrition loss that way. But be advised that it will begin to fall apart sooner than non-frozen. Might only last two days.

      thank you Frank :)

      You're welcome.