98416RE: Re: [UniQuaria] Pleco question: Greens for big pleco

  • libby_jazz1961
    Oct 13, 2013

      oh cool... so THAT was what I was doing wrong.. lolol I am a big fan of kale and put it in my tank for my plecos.. a couple nibbles but no real enthusiasm...  never thought of freezing it first to soften it up!

      thank you Frank :)

      Pat

      ---In UniQuaria@yahoogroups.com, <uni
      quaria@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      On 10/11/2013 9:03 PM, patsangels2@... wrote:
      Hi,   I sometimes give my big pleco a little zucchini.  I was wondering is there are any other greens that I could grow in my garden that it would like to eat.  Kale perhaps?  Anything else?
      Kale is a good food to use, as is Italian parsley. Freeze the greens before use to make them more palatable. don't heat them, as heating destroys some of the nutritional value.