Once Upon A Time!

  • Joseph Blazick
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2009
      I am telling a story about a southern retired reverand.About 8 years ago I had nice dirt covered Roman coins for sale at $1.25 per coin and the gent in question wanted to buy 40 but cried that he was on a limited budget and could not afford the price.I felt sorry for him and so I sold them to him at $.90 per coinAbout 5 days later he sends me a nasty e mail telling me that all 40 coins were pitted and not any good.I asked him how he knew so fast and so he to me he did Electrolysis on all of themSeems he wanted to zap them and then sell them on his site for $20 or more per coin.Of courseI would not refund the money after he had cleaned them harsly and done it so fast.No dealer would have refunded the money once they had been messed with.When I refused to refund his money ,he threatened  to come to the list and tell them I had cheated him.Sorta like a blackmail situation.I was naturally peaved so I sent a letter to the list telling the story before I
      could.He then e mails me and asks me why I did that .Duh!He plays dumb but only when he can use it to get something cheaper.Wonder who that was? Most members will know right off and if anyone else who has been a member for a shorter period of time can e mail me off list for this POH REV. who is sneaky as a fox.Sells crappy coins on a site that are crap and calls them VF-FDC .