RE: [Uncleanedcoins] Re: New "Dirty Coin"

  • Carl Zipfel
    Message 1 of 12 , May 1, 2009
      And it is a Galerius

      Carl

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Uncleanedcoins@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Uncleanedcoins@yahoogroups.com]
      On Behalf Of Jb
      Sent: Thursday, April 30, 2009 8:36 PM
      To: Ed B
      Cc: uncleanedcoins@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [Uncleanedcoins] Re: New "Dirty Coin"

      It is Radiate .

      --- On Thu, 4/30/09, Ed B <coin_ed@...> wrote:

      From: Ed B <coin_ed@...>
      To: "joeblazick" <joeblazick@...>
      Date: Thursday, April 30, 2009, 4:01 PM

      Joe, though I can't be completly certain because the coin is obfuscated, I
      think your coin reads IMP CM AVR MAXIMIANVS NOB CAES. Making it Maximian as
      Caesar. I am 100% certain it is Maximian, regardless if it is Caesar or
      Augustus. The reverse is CONCORDIA MILITVM, Jupiter holding a scepter
      and offering a victory on globe to Maximian, who holds a transversed
      scepter. The mint might be Cyzicus, with KA or Kdelta between, but you would
      need to clean it more. IF you see XXI in the exergue (I don't see it, but it
      could be the scan) then it is an antoninianus. If not, then it is a radiate.

      Ed

      Please visit my ebay store Romae Aeternae Numismatics for very affordable
      ancient coins. Attributed coin auctions almost every Sunday between 8pm and
      9pm CST. Quality Uncleaned Ancient Coins now added to my webshop:

      Premium Balkan Uncleaned at $2.75 each
      Crusty Uncleaned at $1.50 each
      Premium Spanish Uncleaned at $33.60 per lot of 10
      They are in the Uncleaned Ancient Coins section.

      http://stores.shop.ebay.com/Romae-Aeternae-Numismatics?refid=store

      Message 2 of 12 , May 11, 2009

        A lot of English dugups in one lot to first $150.Thats including shiping in US.Overseas extra.Some could use a cleaning to improve them .Many large coins as can be seen in the scan.
      • Seena Mathew
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 30, 2009