Breath-Taking!

  • Rev Paul Bulgerin
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30, 2009
      Dear List,

      It cost me a lot of money, more than I have spent on any one coin in nearly ten years, but I think it was more than worth the cost.

      It's the most amazing Procopius AE-3 I have seen. Every detail on the bust, hair and reverse seems to be there, it has full legends, what appears to be a gorgeous black patina and is an unlisted variety in RIC with the palm branch and that strange little object beneath it:

      http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=320363258705

      I'll have to sell some of my other coins to pay for it, but when it's cleaned it will have a treasured spot in my collection for the rest of my life!

      Paul Bulgerin
      bulgerin@...