Re: Another group of my best uncleaned coins in a long time-Joes lot

  • coin_ed
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 1, 2008
      I purchased 20 (got 23) of Lee's recent $2.70 premium coins and am
      quite happy as well. I only got 3 large coins, and while 2 of them
      were culls, one of them looks to be a Nero sestertius which should
      clean up to be around VF. Bunch of other goodies in there to, along
      with the usual fel temps and glorias, but at least a good portion of
      those had mintmarks. Also got a nice Greek and a provincial. Overall,
      I can't say one bad thing about the coins or the service/shipping.
      This kind of lot is getting very hard to find and few and far in
      between.

      Ed

      --- In Uncleanedcoins@yahoogroups.com, "joeblazick" <joeblazick@...>
      wrote:

      > These are what I just received from Lee from his first group .THe
      > large are for the most part Byzantine and as you can see ,about 1/3
      > are larger than the stuff we have been recieving.Now the question
      > remains about what lies under the dirt.

    • Dan K
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 1, 2008
        Below is a link to the coins I received from Lee (Oldcoinman), bought 25, got 25.
        The large Byzantine follis (Justinian I) is 40 mm for scale. As well as the Roman Imperial bronzes, there are the 4 Byzantine, 2 provinicals and Phillip II greek. The Trajan denarius is low weight (2.3 g) but pretty nice for an uncleaned lot.
        Sorry about the photo... but they are a good bunch of coins.

        Dan

        or

        http://tinyurl.com/28c2vg

        www.yahoo7.com.au/y7mail