Amateur attempt to build coin page

  • robert l tate
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2004
      The URL below will take you to a page I am beginning to try to build,
      I'm pretty much a novice at page building, maybe some can give me
      advice and pointers.
      I have put several coins on the experimental page, these are coins I
      am attempting to clean up and attribute and maybe put on EBay.
      Any suggestions or attribution help would be greatly appreciated.

      Thanks, Bob (sweettater33)
    • Susan Headley
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1, 2004
        Bob,

        I took a look at your budding web site, and WOW! You have some great coins working there! =) Well done!

        I would, however, like to warn you that forcing people to listen to music is considered, if not quite rude, at least not very polite, because many folks surf from their offices at work, and it's a real problem when the speakers suddenly start blaring, hehehe. If you really want the music, then you should provide a control that allows the visitor to silence it quickly. Put the control in a very obvious place, usually the upper right-hand corner seems to be the norm.

        I wish you the best of luck on your finishing up your coins and getting a good price for them if you decide to sell them. You can use Deller's Darkener to make your bronzes look much more appealing by toning them a little, so they're darker instead of "bright orange" as people call it. How are you cleaning your coins? Electrolysis?

        Susan

        The URL below will take you to a page I am beginning to try to build,
        I'm pretty much a novice at page building, maybe some can give me
        advice and pointers.
        I have put several coins on the experimental page, these are coins I
        am attempting to clean up and attribute and maybe put on EBay.
        Any suggestions or attribution help would be greatly appreciated.

        Thanks, Bob (sweettater33)

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor