ebay bids

  • michael moriarty
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 1 7:31 AM
      I just raised my max bid on some coins that I was already winning and
      just noticed it raised my bid like I was bidding on my self. Surely
      this can not be right!

      Michael Moriarty
      www.topcoins.com
      Downunder in Darwin
    • Coinlord@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 1 7:42 AM
        Michael,
        System wise it is both right and wrong. Right in that it is treating
        you as a new bidder. Wrong in fact that as long as you were in fact the
        previous high bidder, the last bid you had before starting this process, this
        bid remains unchanged.

        Jack

        In a message dated 7/1/2002 10:38:20 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
        michael@... writes:

        > I just raised my max bid on some coins that I was already winning and
        > just noticed it raised my bid like I was bidding on my self. Surely
        > this can not be right!
        >
        > Michael Moriarty
        > www.topcoins.com

      • Moses Wildermuth
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 7 11:11 AM
          Have you guys ever gotten bids on your ebay coin auctions from Italy? I
          just did and it makes me wonder why. I don't see anything special about
          this lot, but I am not looking that closely either. Feels odd sending it
          back to Italy. I wonder if some scam is going on.

          --
          Moses "Wolfy" Wildermuth (Mosopoli)

          Namebrand Overstock at Wholesale Prices
          http://mosopoli.surplusalert.com/

          I chat on ICQ or AIM
          13469530 or Wolfy2264

          I use M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/
        • Tony Jaworski
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 7 11:14 AM
            Could be that no one in Italy will sell them to locals for fear of ruining their market!

            Tony Jaworski
            Controller

            tech-pro
            People Solutions Results

            3000 Centre Pointe Drive
            Roseville, MN 55113

            Direct: 651.634.1413
            Fax: 651.634.1499
            Toll Free 877.874.5627

            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 7 12:14 PM
              Not italy but got bids on uncleaned Greek coins from
              residents of Greece.Whoes to say why.

              http://sbc.yahoo.com
            • Gert Vonk
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 7 1:59 PM
                Moses Wildermuth wrote:
                > Have you guys ever gotten bids on your ebay coin auctions from Italy? I
                > just did and it makes me wonder why. I don't see anything special about
                > this lot, but I am not looking that closely either. Feels odd sending it
                > back to Italy. I wonder if some scam is going on.

                Hi Moses,

                Yes, I offered clean and uncleaned coins on auctions and I sold coins to
                Italians. Being a Dutch person I sometimes also bid on Dutch coins on
                eBay Singapore or eBay.com: it's usually cheaper than to buy on eBay.nl.

                Best regards,

                Gert.
              • Moses Wildermuth
                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 8 3:54 AM
                  On Mon, 07 Jul 2003 18:37:52 -0000, Aaron Tobul <tobul@...>
                  wrote:

                  > It is my understanding that roman coins are rather pricy in Italy. It
                  > could be that it is cheaper even with postage to buy them from other
                  > countries. Italy does have high taxes on some items, that could be
                  > part of the issue.

                  Thanks all. The transaction is going smoothly, so you all must be right
                  about the taxes, local prices, or whatnot.

                  --
                  Moses "Wolfy" Wildermuth (Mosopoli)

                  http://www.mosopoli.com/