Re: Mewlon finder question

  • Al
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 1, 2012
      <<< CRICKETS >>>>

      --- In UncensoredTakGroup@yahoogroups.com, "Al" <aldavis@...> wrote:

      > The rear section of my Mewlons finder, the section that rotates, is pretty loose and rattles around. Is this normal? Can it be snugged up?
      >
      > Al

    • Art Ciampi (Texas Nautical Repair)
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 1, 2012
        Yes, call us and speak to Fred. He can help.

        Art Ciampi
        Takahashi Marketing Manager
        Texas Nautical Repair
        713-529-3551
        artc@...
        www.takahashiamerica.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 1, 2012
          I don’t have mine here to look at but IIRC there is a ring behind the grey
          casting that tightens the rear. Then you use the three set screws in the
          front to align it.

          Gene

          > The rear section of my Mewlons finder, the section that rotates, is pretty
          loose and rattles around. Is this normal? Can it be snugged up?

          > Al

        • Al
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 1, 2012
            Thanks for the help guys. I'll look for the ring and if the solution isn't clear I'll call Fred.

            Al

            --- In UncensoredTakGroup@yahoogroups.com, "Al" <aldavis@...> wrote:

            > The rear section of my Mewlons finder, the section that rotates, is pretty loose and rattles around. Is this normal? Can it be snugged up?
            >
            > Al

          • Al
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 2, 2012
              Gene/Art

              Yes, the ring on the rear holds the lens and adjustment collar to the finder scope body. The three alignment screws position the adjustment collar. When the three ahjustment screws are snug against the collar the rear lens assembly is held firm and does not rattle. If one screw is loose the assembly moves and there is a rattle. Unless there is more to it than that I'll leave Fred free to handle more pressing afairs. Did I miss anything?

              Al