Re: Back in the saddle: M1

  • Sander Pool
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2012
      Hi Jim,

      I focus by hand with a bahtinov mask. I monitor the subs with
      DeepSkyStacker Live as they come in, keeping an eye on FWHM. I refocus
      as needed. I did build a motorized focuser but haven't integrated it
      with automated focusing yet. I got a Feathertouch focuser for the HD but
      was disappointed with the quality. I had to disassemble and properly
      align it to make it operate smoothly. I could have returned it too, of
      course.

      CS,

      Sander
    • jfmiller7@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 2, 2012
        Thanks Sander.
        Temperatures drop quickly here in Colorado so I initially need to focus often.

        Thanks again for the info, and nice image.