TOA0060 2" Eyepiece Holder - Clamp Ring Version

  • pmlogg
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2011
      At the following link I found a version of the TOA0060 that I can only find in other Astromart listings:

      www.astromart.com/classifieds/details.asp?classified_id=656903

      It seems to be a 2"/50.8mm version of the 1.25"/31.75mm clamp ring eyepiece holder.

      One ad suggests that the source was Anacortes but my email to them about it has not been answered.

      Is this version still available or was it a short-lived alternative to the compression ring version with 2 x thumb screws?

      Has anyone used one, and if so was it better or worse than the thumb screw version?
    • Art Ciampi (Texas Nautical Repair)
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 1, 2011
        It is still available and you can get it through Anacortes.

        Art Ciampi
        Takahashi Marketing Manager
        Texas Nautical Repair
        713-529-3551
        artc@...
        www.takahashiamerica.com

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 1, 2011
          Art

          Thanks for that. I've just searched for TOA0060 on their site and came up with this:

          www.buytelescopes.com/Products/11078-takahashi-sky-90-2-compression-ring-adapter.aspx

          but the image shows an adapter with conventional 2 thumb screws and compression ring. That's what I find on every site when I google TOA0060. Is there a different part no. for it?

          When searching some more I found a 2004 ad on Astromart that described the clamp ring version as "an old type" compression adapter.

          Thanks