Re: Attaching Robofocus to FSQ106EDXII

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 5, 2011
      Hi Kerry,

      You DO NOT have to drill holes in your 106 focuser block to install the custom bracket. When you received the bracket (from Tehcnical Innovations I assume) you got a small plastic bag with some screws in it. There are two long phillips head screws in that pack that you'll need.

      The first thing you do is use a 2.5mm allan wrench to release the set screws on the factory focuser knob (opposite side from the Micro-focuser). Pull the knob off and slip on the brass coupling provided with your Robo-Focus to mount to the FSQ focuser shaft. Tighten the coupling set screws. Turn the telescope over and remove the two hex head cap screws on the focuser block closest to the knob you just removed. Install the custom bracket with Robo-Focus loosely attached to the brass coupling and line up the slot on the bracket with the two screw holes in the focuser block. Install the two phillip head screws described above to secure down the bracket. Tighten up the two screws/nuts on the Robo-Focus itself where it attaches to the bracket. I also put a strip of thin felt between the bracket and the focuser block so as not to scratch the Tak green paint. That's it!

      Regards,

      Dave

      --- In UncensoredTakGroup@yahoogroups.com, "Kerry" <kerry.williams@...> wrote:

      > I bought a Robofocus to attach to my new FSQ106EDXII, but alas the instructions are microscopic and minimal to say the least. Does anyone have pictures they can share showing how they got this thing to attach? I have the custom bracket shown here:

      > Thanks,
      > Kerry

    • Steve Reilly
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 5, 2011
        Kerry,

        See if this helps http://www.astral-imaging.com/FSQ-106FocuserBracket.htm

        Steve

        _____

        I bought a Robofocus to attach to my new FSQ106EDXII, but alas the
        instructions are microscopic and minimal to say the least. Does anyone have
        pictures they can share showing how they got this thing to attach? I have
        the custom bracket shown here:

        /1592453242/view?picmode=
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/UncensoredTakGroup/photos/album/1935666665/pi
        c/1592453242/view?picmode=&mode=tn&order=ordinal&start=1&count=20&dir=asc>

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 6, 2011
          Excellent.

          Thanks guys for all the info on this.

          --- Kerry