NJP Accessories

  • aastrojax
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 3, 2009
      I have been using a EM10 and an EM200 for a few years and now will be using an NJP mount.

      What are my tripod options besides what Tak sells? Also is the tripod hub for the NJP available on its own? Sent a message to Art but no response yet. I am aware of the Meade field tripod but which adapter part number is used with it?

      Also for the saddle, I want to be able to use the EM200 screws to mount a plate to the mount. I know the NJP uses 4 bolts so what is the exact adapter(s) that will work with that? I saw something from a pier mfg but forgot what that was.

      One last, is there an option for a counter-weight shaft that will use the EM200 CWs on the NJP (Non-screw type vs screw)? Looking for the non-screw option.

      Thanks,
      Jerry
    • rlnielsen1960
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 3, 2009
        Jerry,

        Not sure about the tripod questions, but the thing you need to attach a "two screw" place to the "four screw" NJP mount is called a "band adapter" ... Tak part number TBA0100.

        Robert

        --- In UncensoredTakGroup@yahoogroups.com, "aastrojax" <aastrojax@...> wrote:

        > I have been using a EM10 and an EM200 for a few years and now will be using an NJP mount.
        >
        > What are my tripod options besides what Tak sells? Also is the tripod hub for the NJP available on its own? Sent a message to Art but no response yet. I am aware of the Meade field tripod but which adapter part number is used with it?
        >
        > Also for the saddle, I want to be able to use the EM200 screws to mount a plate to the mount. I know the NJP uses 4 bolts so what is the exact adapter(s) that will work with that? I saw something from a pier mfg but forgot what that was.
        >
        > One last, is there an option for a counter-weight shaft that will use the EM200 CWs on the NJP (Non-screw type vs screw)? Looking for the non-screw option.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Jerry

      • Sid Leach
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 5, 2009
          Jerry:

          I would be careful about the tripod that you choose for the NJP mount. The
          Takahashi tripod is solid as a rock. The NJP mount is a wonderful solid
          mount for astroimaging, and you could undermine the performance of the mount
          if you use a tripod that is not equally solid. By the way, the image on my
          website (see the link below) shows the mount in use with the adapter to
          convert the NJP 4-screw attachment to the 2-screw configuration used by
          smaller Takahashi scopes like the Mewlon 210.

          http://www.sidleach.com/mewlon.htm

          I even used the NJP one time with an FS-78 as the only scope mounted on it.
          I was able to image on a windy night with gusts going up to 35 mph! I think
          you could image in a hurricane with that configuration. <smile>

          I guess you can tell I like the NJP mount a lot. (I own two of them). If
          you hit your head on the scope in the dark while imaging, you do not end up
          with a ruined image -- instead you get to go to the ER for stitches.

          Sid Leach
          http://www.sidleach.com

          > I have been using a EM10 and an EM200 for a few years and now will be
          using an NJP mount.

          > What are my tripod options besides what Tak sells? Also is the tripod hub
          for the NJP available on its own? Sent a message to Art but no response
          yet. I am aware of the Meade field tripod but which adapter part number is
          used with it?

          > Also for the saddle, I want to be able to use the EM200 screws to mount a
          plate to the mount. I know the NJP uses 4 bolts so what is the exact
          adapter(s) that will work with that? I saw something from a pier mfg but
          forgot what that was.

          > One last, is there an option for a counter-weight shaft that will use the
          EM200 CWs on the NJP (Non-screw type vs screw)? Looking for the non-screw
          option.

          > Thanks,
          > Jerry

          I did discover the answer for the saddle plate to use the EM200 screws and
          related accessories. It is the Tak Band Adapter.

          Still looking for insight on the other questions.

          Thanks !

        • Art Ciampi (Texas Nautical Repair)
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 10, 2009
            The NJP tripod adapter is available separately.

            Art Ciampi