Re: [UncensoredTakGroup] Description of Temma on EM 200

  • Art Ciampi
    Message 1 of 4 , May 1, 2001
      From: <yooody@...>
      To: <UncensoredTakGroup@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Monday, April 30, 2001 3:14 PM
      Subject: [UncensoredTakGroup] Description of Temma on EM 200

      > Hi,
      >

      > I was thinking about the EM 200 with the temma for my F8 refractor
      > (22 pounds). Is it necessary to do a polar alignment for the goto? I
      > do not have a clear view of polaris and do not care to perform a
      > drift alignment each time.
      >

      > Thanks,
      >
      > Marc Zukoff

    • Art Ciampi
      Message 2 of 4 , May 1, 2001
        It is necessary to polar alignment on the EM-200 for the Temma to work
        properly after all it is a German equatorial mount. It uses digital setting
        circles.
        The polar alignment procedure is simple, less than five minutes and can be
        done on uneven ground from 0 degrees to 50 degrees latitude. The altitude
        and azimuth movements are precise unlike other mount and are simple to use.
        Its tracking accuracy is five arc seconds without any PEC. It can also be
        used as a regular mount. There are 265,000 objects in the data base and
        requires a PC to operate.

        Art Ciampi