Re: More on new FSQ

  • jeff haynes
    Message 1 of 40 , Dec 31, 2006
      I was wondering what exactly an image circle is? Is it the fully
      illuminated field ? or does it refer to a certain spot size of the
      stars ?

      The 16803 chip measures 38 x 38 mm so would not a 44mm image circle
      with the focal reducer not cover the chip? If it would work it would
      be a sweet setup for wide field work. At f3.4 the filters may not
      cover the chip very well.

      Thanks for any clarification .

      Thanks,

      jeff

      p.s. happy new year

      --- In UncensoredTakGroup@yahoogroups.com, Skyloverz@... wrote:

      > also interesting....ATWB site shows a 44 mm image circle...although
      not
      > clear I believe that will be with the new reducer offering to bring
      the new Q
      > down to F 3.4....an astonishing focal ratio for refractor PERIOD
      >
      > Although at 44 mm image circle reduced....surely won't cover the
      new BIGGIE
      > CHIP cams 9000 and 16803
      > Think the 88mm reference is to the native F 5 focal ratio
      >
      > gonna be interesting to see the new Q and reducer combo....tho for
      MY
      > MONEY....if the objective was to get the hyper fast focal
      ratio....I'd get the
      > epsilon 180 with larger optic and faster focal ratio....
      > for "probably...GUESSING" similar money to new Q and reducer costs
      >
      > bruce

    • michael.kran
      Message 40 of 40 , Jan 26, 2007
        I've noticed that the chromatic correction chart has been removed, and
        a new message that information is coming soon. I suspect Optique
        Unterlinden jumped the gun in releasing the information before the New
        "Q" has shipped.

        --- In UncensoredTakGroup@yahoogroups.com, "michael.kran"