Re: [UncensoredTakGroup] M94 Epsilon-210

  • R Jay GaBany
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 1, 2005
      Jeff:

      Your M3 is great- resolved to the core and colorful. But your M94 is
      wonderful! You caught the faint outer halo that surrounds the galaxy-
      sorta rare to capture this, even for some of the more notible imagers,
      yet there you have it! In fact, I have never seen it so extended. It's
      very exciting! Congratulations!

      Jay

      jterry94 wrote:

      > Hi All,
      >
      > Another one, never sure whether to post the good image first or
      > second. I need a bit more
      > exposure time on this one. I was trying to get two hours but the
      > clouds where not
      > cooperating on this one. I only ended up with 40 useable minutes of
      > exposure.
      >
      > Anyway, here is M94, the crocodile eye galaxy.
      >
      > This was my first attempt at using Zone processing to process an image.
      >
      > http://mrmac.mr.aps.anl.gov/~astronut/pages/M94_40minutes.htm
      > <http://mrmac.mr.aps.anl.gov/%7Eastronut/pages/M94_40minutes.htm>
      >
      > Jeff

    • Arnie Rosner
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 1, 2005
        Hi Jeff,

        Here is a shorter version with the E250.

        L = 9 x 30 seconds binned 1x1

        RGB 3 x 120 seconds binned 1x1

        ST8XE with Astrodon filters

        http://www.arnierosner.com/ccd/M94_LRGB_EPS2_Rent-a-scope_06-01-05.jpg

        Arnie Rosner

        Rent-a-scope,

        the world's premier telescope time rental service

        <http://www.arnierosner.com> www.arnierosner.com

        714-501-8247 24/7

        _____

        Another one, never sure whether to post the good image first or second. I
        need a bit more
        exposure time on this one. I was trying to get two hours but the clouds
        where not
        cooperating on this one. I only ended up with 40 useable minutes of
        exposure.

        Anyway, here is M94, the crocodile eye galaxy.

        This was my first attempt at using Zone processing to process an image.

        http://mrmac.mr.aps.anl.gov/~astronut/pages/M94_40minutes.htm

        Jeff

        _____

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

      • jterry94
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 1, 2005
          Hi Jay,

          Thanks for the encouragement. I hadn't been too happy with the M94 images. I hope to
          grab a bit more data on it. Excepting the clouds that came through, it was one of the
          better imaging nights in Chicago.

          Jeff

          --- In UncensoredTakGroup@yahoogroups.com, R Jay GaBany <rj2010@c...> wrote:
          > Jeff:
          >
          > Your M3 is great- resolved to the core and colorful. But your M94 is
          > wonderful! You caught the faint outer halo that surrounds the galaxy-
          > sorta rare to capture this, even for some of the more notible imagers,
          > yet there you have it! In fact, I have never seen it so extended. It's
          > very exciting! Congratulations!
          >
          > Jay
          >

          > jterry94 wrote:
          >
          > > Hi All,
          > >
          > > Another one, never sure whether to post the good image first or
          > > second. I need a bit more
          > > exposure time on this one. I was trying to get two hours but the
          > > clouds where not
          > > cooperating on this one. I only ended up with 40 useable minutes of
          > > exposure.
          > >
          > > Anyway, here is M94, the crocodile eye galaxy.
          > >
          > > This was my first attempt at using Zone processing to process an image.
          > >
          > > http://mrmac.mr.aps.anl.gov/~astronut/pages/M94_40minutes.htm
          > > <http://mrmac.mr.aps.anl.gov/%7Eastronut/pages/M94_40minutes.htm>
          > >
          > > Jeff

          subject=Unsubscribe>

        • jterry94
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 1, 2005
            Hi Arnie,

            Nice set of images. I really like what the Epsilon scopes can do.
            Here's hoping that the E-180 keeps up the tradition.

            Jeff

            --- In UncensoredTakGroup@yahoogroups.com, "Arnie Rosner" <arnie@a...> wrote:
            > Hi Jeff,
            >

            > Here is a shorter version with the E250.
            >

            > L = 9 x 30 seconds binned 1x1
            >
            > RGB 3 x 120 seconds binned 1x1
            >

            > ST8XE with Astrodon filters
            >
            > http://www.arnierosner.com/ccd/M94_LRGB_EPS2_Rent-a-scope_06-01-05.jpg
            >

            > Arnie Rosner
            >
            > Rent-a-scope,
            >
            > the world's premier telescope time rental service
            >
            > <http://www.arnierosner.com> www.arnierosner.com
            >
            > 714-501-8247 24/7
            >
            > _____

          • Arnie Rosner