Re: [UncensoredTakGroup] Great experience with FC-100 in the desert

  • Brian
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 2, 2000
      Hey Joe D,
      Nice observing report. Glad you are enjoying my ex scope. keep us
      informed.
      thanks
      Brian
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 4, 2000
        You are indeed blessed brother! To view the heavens as they were
        meant to be seen in all its glory. While many of us slave and
        sacrifice for a respectable view; but alas, through light polluted
        skies. Thanks for letting us know what can be.
        ....Barry

      • Joe D.
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 4, 2000
          Barry,

          I wish I lived in the desert sometimes. A fella who came over to us
          for a look through the scope told me I wouldnt want to live there. He
          told me minimum wage jobs are the norm. And from the looks of it, the
          cost of living is pretty high out there. I have a feeling if I
          actually lived out there, I wouldnt be looking through a Takahashi.
          It would be more like a couple of old Coke bottles...

          Just to let you know, My New Jersey sky brought me back down to earth
          Saturday night when I could even find M1 with the 4 inch, and it was
          a mere smudge in my 12-1/2 Portaball. I am starting to believe that
          you need more aperture in light poluted areas. This to some extent is
          a contradiction of what I thought was logical.

          Either way, point a great scope at a dark sky and you really are
          blessed. Thanks for your reply Barry.

          Joe D.

          --- In UncensoredTakGroup@egroups.com, "Barry Carter" <chiron@m...>