Re: [UncensoredTakGroup] Great experience with FC-100 in the desert

  • Brian
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 2, 2000
      Hey Joe D,
      Nice observing report. Glad you are enjoying my ex scope. keep us
      informed.
      thanks
      Brian
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 2, 2000
        Ditto for my FC100. I feel the same way about its performance. It is the most
        over-achieving telescope I have ever owned.

        Paul Sterngold

        http://shopping.yahoo.com/
      • Barry Carter
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 4, 2000
          You are indeed blessed brother! To view the heavens as they were
          meant to be seen in all its glory. While many of us slave and
          sacrifice for a respectable view; but alas, through light polluted
          skies. Thanks for letting us know what can be.
          ....Barry

        • Joe D.
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 4, 2000
            Barry,

            I wish I lived in the desert sometimes. A fella who came over to us
            for a look through the scope told me I wouldnt want to live there. He
            told me minimum wage jobs are the norm. And from the looks of it, the
            cost of living is pretty high out there. I have a feeling if I
            actually lived out there, I wouldnt be looking through a Takahashi.
            It would be more like a couple of old Coke bottles...

            Just to let you know, My New Jersey sky brought me back down to earth
            Saturday night when I could even find M1 with the 4 inch, and it was
            a mere smudge in my 12-1/2 Portaball. I am starting to believe that
            you need more aperture in light poluted areas. This to some extent is
            a contradiction of what I thought was logical.

            Either way, point a great scope at a dark sky and you really are
            blessed. Thanks for your reply Barry.

            Joe D.

            --- In UncensoredTakGroup@egroups.com, "Barry Carter" <chiron@m...>