Why RA setting circle does not move with RA motor ?

  • raymondtltse
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2004
      Dear all,

      I have just purchased an EM200 Temma 2 mount and find a strange
      phenomenon that the RA setting circle (already tight-fixed with its 2
      little screws) does not move with the RA motor (when pressing the
      hand controller or through slewing through The Sky GOTO) when the RA
      clutch is tight.

      However, when I loosen the RA clutch, the RA setting circle can move
      when the RA axis is manually moved. This meants that the RA setting
      circle can only be used in manual mode.

      The DEC setting circle is alright, however. It moves with DEC axis
      either manually or through DEC motor.

      Perhaps some experienced EM200 mount owners can comment on the
      strange behaviour of the RA setting circle.

      Thanks

      Raymond