1331Friedman's Definition of Our Economy. Are We Paying Attention?

  • MikeSar
    Dec 11, 2011
      Read T. Friedman's "The next first (and only) 100 days" in CCTimes
      This is the reason our economy will continue to lag:

      "The third jobs crisis flows from the merger of globalization and the information technology revolution. President Barack Obama described it during his speech in Kansas:
      "Steel mills that needed 1,000 employees are now able to do the same work with 100 employees, so layoffs too often became permanent, not just a temporary part of the business cycle. ... Today, even higher-skilled jobs, like accountants and middle management can be outsourced to countries like China or India."

      So the next president must have a plan to address all three jobs crises in only 100 days -- and an electoral mandate to implement it. The Republican Party intends to run again on a just-cut-taxes-and-that-will-cure-all platform, which we know doesn't work. So the country's only hope is for Obama -- or, if he won't, a third party -- to offer the plan we need and not just run on "I'm not as crazy as that GOP guy.

      In recent years tens of thousands of High School graduates have no job skills or funds for college and, get this: NOTHING CHANGED as if NOBODY cares. The chickens have come to roost and we are surprised?