Starsailor "Good Souls"

  • Iamultragrrrl@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 9, 2002
      Ultrapick of the Day: Starsailor "Good Souls"

      Nobody hated Starsailor more than I did. When friends would ask me about them I'd say "Fuck that shit, yo, I'd rather pour salt onto slits in my wrist than listen to that song 'Alcoholic'." But then I saw the video for "Good Souls" and saw their performance on Letterman and finally understood it: Oh... They want to be the Verve and NOT Radiohead, ohhh.... I was pretty much converted. Why God!? Why must I love something so awful?!

      Well, I do. I can go the whole day sometimes listening to "Good Souls" on repeat. I think I have actually. Throw on another track from their album and I might hurl myself out the window onto the cold pavement of Broadway -- cracking my skull open or killing a passerby -- so I stick to the goods.

      OK, if you want background about them, here's what I know: They're from the UK.

      Enjoy,
      Ultragrrrl