Ultra Song of the Day: Supergrass' "Some Girls are Bigger Than Others"

  • Iamultragrrrl@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 21, 2000
      Ultra Song of the Day: Supergrass' "Some Girls are Bigger Than Others"

      Yesterday I featured the brand new Placebo song, "Taste In Men" as the pick,
      and today, I bring you Supergrass' cover of the Smiths classic "Some Girls
      are Bigger Than Others." The relation is that both bands appeared on the same
      compilation with Smith covers called The Smiths Is Dead (Placebo covered
      "Bigmouth Strikes Again").

      This compilation is pretty much a must have for anyone who likes the Smiths,
      and if you call yourself a music fan and plan on getting into the music
      industry, you better be able to quote a line one cue from the Smiths...
      believe me, it's happened to me before.

      Supergrass' cover of this Smiths classic is exceptionally worth taking note
      of because it borders on annoying to the point that it's possibly genius.
      Every Smiths song on the most part is dour and depressing, and almost without
      trying, this simians known as Supergrass perk things up exceedingly.

      Enjoy.
      Ultragrrrl.

      PS - If you'd like to contribute suggestions or anything else, please email
      Ultragrrrl@...