Supplies

  • shannonoxford
    Message 1 of 4 , May 3, 2005
      I've been out of school for a few years and I'm curious as to the
      latest and greatest in school supplies. Other than a laptop what items
      would be considered "essential"? Also, what are your thoughts on
      starting to read stuff now? I'm concerned about study time because I
      have four young children at home so I was debating on picking up some
      summer reading material for Torts and Contracts to get a leg up.
      Anything else we should be reading?

      Shannon
    • Michael Pepe
      Message 2 of 4 , May 4, 2005
        I heard Number 2 Pencils are all the rage for the fall.  And God help me if I have to live a day without my Trapper Keeper..

        On 5/3/05, shannonoxford <shannonoxford@... > wrote:
        I've been out of school for a few years and I'm curious as to the
        latest and greatest in school supplies.  Other than a laptop what items
        would be considered "essential"?  Also, what are your thoughts on
        starting to read stuff now?  I'm concerned about study time because I
        have four young children at home so I was debating on picking up some
        summer reading material for Torts and Contracts to get a leg up.
        Anything else we should be reading?

        Shannon

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        --
        Michael Pepe
        mvpepe@...
        Message 3 of 4 , May 4, 2005
          You probably wanna get a planner. I would suggest picking out one
          that will make you want to keep up with it...like a cute coach or kate
          spade planner (if you have the means). I started out with a boring
          one from CVS and it faded out quickly. Once I got my coach planner I
          couldn't live with out it. Its just too cute (and expensive) not to
          write in!

          Does anyone think we need to being a notebook? I mean, I have never
          taken notes on my computer and I don't know if I can hack it. I'm
          worried...I might bring a little note pad just in case.
        • Scott
          Message 4 of 4 , May 4, 2005
            Amy:
            Do whatever is most comfortable for you. If you can write in a
            notepad faster than you can type, then, by all means, take
            hand-written notes. On the other hand, if you can type faster than
            you can write and need an Ancient Sanskrit-English dictionary in order
            to interpret your handwriting (i.e., if you're anything like me), then
            a laptop is the only way to go.
            Something to think about: Some professors allow you to take your
            finals on a computer (using only a word processor). If you have a PC
            laptop, you should be able to download the software and write your
            final on your own PC (see previous messages). I hope that it's fairly
            common for finals to be done on the computer; if not, I might have to
            buy some Ancient Sanskrit-English dictionaries for our professors...