shannonoxford's supplies and reading questions

  • Scott
    Message 1 of 4 , May 4, 2005
      This is a new forum, populated largely (I'm sure) by future Uconn Law
      students. Until we get some current students in the group, it's not
      likely that we will get much feedback about summer reading or
      supplies. Once some of us are current students, we'll be able to give
      advice to new members; however, at this point we do not have this
      luxury and may have to resort to looking to online forums for advice.
      A quick search for "summer reading" on LSD brought up the following
      threads (among others):

      http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,20067.0.html

      http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,1031.0.html

      http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,2016.0.html

      There is, of course, a caveat: none of this advice is specific to
      Uconn's program.

      As for supplies, I'm sure we will get more information from the school
      throughout the summer. As I posted in this thread
      (http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,30185.40.html),
      "when asked about the dearth of information sent out to admitted
      students, electronic or otherwise, the very friendly admissions office
      employee informed me that I would be receiving plenty of information
      over the course of the summer, so much that I would regret ever having
      given them my mailing/email address." Also, I'm sure we will get a
      more complete picture of what we need during orientation.

      On a side note, it's nice to see another Uconn Law student with
      children. I have an 11-month-old son.
    • Amy
      Message 2 of 4 , May 4, 2005
        So I have noticed that a few of the people on here are married and
        have kids....

        Is anyone single? (I'm not asking in a creepy way I just don't want
        to feel like the outsider)

        Is the evening division mostly composed of married people?
      • mjn529
        Message 3 of 4 , May 9, 2005
          yeah, i'm young... average age is usually 25, so i'm sure we won't be
          alone

          --- In UconnLaw@yahoogroups.com, "Amy" <amy84023@y...> wrote:
          > So I have noticed that a few of the people on here are married and
          > have kids....
          >
          > Is anyone single? (I'm not asking in a creepy way I just don't want
          > to feel like the outsider)
          >

          > Is the evening division mostly composed of married people?
        • stephgrfld
          Message 4 of 4 , May 29, 2008
            I'm not married, either. I am 29 and starting the day division this
            fall. I am from CT originally and have some friends who went to UConn
            Law. All have said there is a wide variety in age and marital status,
            so I doubt we will be alone.

            Stephanie