RE: [UVB_Meter_Owners] best uvb for a bearded dragon

  • Robert MacCargar
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 22, 2013
      Hello Vee,

      The word is that the Arcadia and the ZooMed T5 HO tubes are the best as of now. I have seen way to many times Arcadia really over recommending the amount of tubes to use so be very carful with these kind of recommendations. I don't like to see any more than 1/3 of the habitat covered by Dr Baines says 1/2 the habitat. From what i have seen, I believe the 24" one will do well specially at the distance you are looking at and may be to close if they have reflectors attached. I have seen 4 4' tubes recommended by the distributors, but that's sales for you.

      Some people with actual experience here may have more to say on what they prefer.

      best,

      BobMac
      http://www.reptileuv.com
      http://www.reptileuvinfo.com

      If you do nothing else today, visit and join the International Reptile
      Conservation Foundation (IRCF) at www.IRCF.org
      The International Reptile Conservation Foundation
      works to conserve reptiles and the
      natural habitats and ecosystems that support
      them.

      To: UVB_Meter_Owners@yahoogroups.com
      From: paulnvenus@...
      Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 15:43:55 +0000
      Subject: [UVB_Meter_Owners] best uvb for a bearded dragon

      Hello, i looked through the files briefly to see if there were breed specific files before i came and bothered you guys with my questions.

      My main question would be, how do we really know which linear tube UVB has the best output and for the longest duration? i dont really want to become a researcher to find this out, specially since computer seems to be hurting my eyes lately.. i have always just went with what "everyone" says is the best.

      I currently use the reptisun 10.0 tube in all my tanks. Some are top of screen and some inside tank. The ones on top of screen, i make sure the basking spot is higher.. my basking spot range from 8- 12 inches away from uvb.

      Also, does the reptiles uvb hurt us in any way? since getting these reptiles, i have noticed my eyes are more sensitive (always feel like tired eyes) could be coincidence.. but not even sure if you guys (or gals) can even answer that..

      Thanks in advance,

      Vee

    • paulnvenus
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 25, 2013