compact florescent or T-5s

  • terratorts
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 11, 2012
      I was hoping to get a recommendation for a good working compact florescent or T-5 brand of bulb that gives adequate UVB / UVA rays.

      I have only used MV in the past, but looking to possibly switch over , to compacts or T-5 and heaters for economical reasons.

      I keep tortoises & turtles, and although I live on the Panhandle of FL, they do stay indoors for a couple of winter months, and winter is coming

      Can anyone point me in the right direction ?

      Thanks in advance,

      Patty
      Chipley, FL
    • CHRIS Phillips
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 12, 2012
        Patty,

        I recently contacted ARCADIA , they are highly recommended . I too have sought other avenues for MV lamps and currently Arcadia only has a 220v MV lamp since they are located across the pond, but I was told by the USA distributor that plans are going forward to make a 120v version.

        In the meantime they have excellent T-5 systems/fixtures and lamps, tested by our resident expert Dr. Frances Baines.

        I would never recommend a compact lamp for anything...

        Here is the link to the website in the USA
        http://www.lightyourreptiles.com/

        I e mailed them for some in depth info and Todd Goode was the nicest guy. He will ask in-depth questions to assist you. They have some great lights IMO....

        Chris Phillips

      • terratorts
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 12, 2012
          Chris,
          Thank you - just what I was hoping for & will check out the website and Arcadia's bulbs.
          Appreciate your response.
          Patty
          Chipley, Fl