RE: [UVB_Meter_Owners] New file uploaded to UVB_Meter_Owners

  • Springer Xavier A1C 407 AEG/ERS
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 1, 2004
      I've also been told that there is a huge amount of variability between the
      different models of meters which makes getting standard data difficult.

      I was told this about UV meters anyone heard this

      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 1, 2004
        --- In UVB_Meter_Owners@yahoogroups.com, Springer Xavier A1C 407
        AEG/ERS <xavier.springer@t...> wrote:
        > I've also been told that there is a huge amount of variability
        between the
        > different models of meters which makes getting standard data
        difficult.

        and read the "Absolute Readings" file. I believe this will help you.

        best,

        Bobmac
      • Springer Xavier A1C 407 AEG/ERS
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 1, 2004
          thanks

          _____

          Yahoo! Groups Links

          <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

        • Morkai Kurst
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 24, 2004
            Worked fine for me using Office 2003 and Latest IE.

            Victoria

          • Chris & Spike

              Message 6 of 11 , Oct 5, 2009
                Thank You Frances,

                I thought that might be the case ...I have informed those, who want to know more, to please join and see the work and dedication you put in towards this endeavor.
                As well as all the other information that this group has to offer.

                Chris Phillips

              • UVB_Meter_Owners@yahoogroups.com
                Message 7 of 11 , Jun 19 3:39 AM
                  Hello,

                  a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the UVB_Meter_Owners
                  group.

                  File : /Solarmeter-response-curves.gif
                  Uploaded by : lilacdawndragon <lilacdragon@...>
                  Description : A comparison between the sensitivity responses of the Solarmeter 6.5 and 6.2, with the spectrum of sunlight and the action spectrum for vitamin D3 synthesis

                  You can access this file at the URL:

                  Regards,

                  Message 8 of 11 , Oct 27, 2014
                    Hello,

                    a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the UVB_Meter_Owners
                    group.

                    File : /LampTestResults/MegaRayUSA-MV100wand160W-2014.pdf
                    Uploaded by : lilacdawndragon <lilacdragon@...>
                    Description : 'Mega-Ray Pet Care Lighting' UVB Mercury Vapour Lamps (100watt and 160watt): 120V (USA) new design as from September 2014.

                    You can access this file at the URL:

                    Regards,

                    lilacdawndragon <lilacdragon@...>
                  • vitd295nm
                    Message 9 of 11 , Oct 27, 2014

                      Excellent report Frances... as usual. I read the whole thing.

                      When I receive the lamp (bulb) from Bob I will test at 35 cm with both 6.2 and 6.5 masters (and current lots) to see if the UVB/UVI ratio is near 20:1 like your data shows... and that reading values are similar.

                      If ratio (and values) are a similar 20:1.... I will need the 2 meters in question back to see which one might be out of whack. The poster was getting a ratio 10:1 as I recall on the "hot" one: UVI near 20 at 12" (25 cm). But he was getting readings considered normal on the other two.

                      It is important that the lamp I receive to test be the exact same one that was sent back to Bob. The other 2 lamps measured by poster had a "correct" 20:1 ratio - same as the ones sent to you in April for testing.

                    • Robert MacCargar
                      Message 10 of 11 , Oct 30, 2014
                        Steve, the bulbs I measured before sending were 20-1. Frances came up with one that showed 18-1 I think. I just tested (with the help from my son and grandson) 700 100watt bulbs and they ran 18-, to 23-1.

                        I thought that I had sent you the 2 packages from our 2 members over a week ago, but found them still here. obviously I miss organized them because they were still in the packages with used labels on them. they will go out today. the owners readings are on the bulbs with mine next to them. quite different readings, so seeing yours will be very helpful as my readings coincide with Dr Baines readings + or - 5%.

                        BobMac
                        http://www.megaraypetcarelighting.com
                        http://www.reptileuv.com
                        http://www.reptileuvinfo.com

                        If you do nothing else today, visit and join the International Reptile
                        Conservation Foundation (IRCF) at www.IRCF.org
                        The International Reptile Conservation Foundation works to conserve reptiles and the
                        natural habitats and ecosystems that support them.

                        To: UVB_Meter_Owners@yahoogroups.com

                        Message 11 of 11 , Jun 7 2:09 PM
                          Hello,

                          a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the UVB_Meter_Owners
                          group.

                          File : /Fuxin-Reptile Structure-UVA-UVB 3.0 100W Halogen Lamp.pdf
                          Uploaded by : lilacdawndragon <lilacdragon@...>
                          Description : Warning: Hazardous unshielded halogen lamps sold as reptile basking lamps on eBay: Risk of burns, fire hazard, dangerous UV. June 2016. Full lamp test report.