Re: [UVB_Meter_Owners] Digest Number 741

  • Jgcoote@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2006
      UVB_Meter_Owners@yahoogroups.com writes:

      so look at uvb output AND color temperature.

      Hi Henry,

      There is much for us all to learn. How does color temperature affect the
      reptile's immune system?

      I will be at InterZoo in Nuremberg next month if you are also going. In Hall
      one on the T-Rex stand.

      Best regards,

      Jon

    • henry brames
      Message 2 of 3 , May 3, 2006
        Jgcoote@... schrieb:

        > UVB_Meter_Owners@yahoogroups.com writes:
        >
        > so look at uvb output AND color temperature.
        >

        > Hi Henry,
        >
        > There is much for us all to learn. How does color temperature affect the
        > reptile's immune system?
        >
        > I will be at InterZoo in Nuremberg next month if you are also going.
        > In Hall
        > one on the T-Rex stand.
        >
        > Best regards,
        >
        > Jon

        > Mercury vapor
        > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Mercury+vapor&w1=Mercury+vapor&w2=Natural+sunlight&w3=Biology&w4=Fluorescent+bulbs&c=4&s=77&.sig=n6WYrmRqlImAfY25p5EdHQ>
        > Natural sunlight
        > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Natural+sunlight&w1=Mercury+vapor&w2=Natural+sunlight&w3=Biology&w4=Fluorescent+bulbs&c=4&s=77&.sig=EM0VNsYjRqFmbJMqTJ_lKg>
        > Biology
        > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Biology&w1=Mercury+vapor&w2=Natural+sunlight&w3=Biology&w4=Fluorescent+bulbs&c=4&s=77&.sig=kmD8k1ffxAFXuzziJbOI5Q>
        >
        > Fluorescent bulbs
        > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Fluorescent+bulbs&w1=Mercury+vapor&w2=Natural+sunlight&w3=Biology&w4=Fluorescent+bulbs&c=4&s=77&.sig=1ErazEzrKiEdxL_GGMKOsQ>

        hallo jon,

        will be at the interzoo on saturday. just mail me your phone number.

        my works on the reptiles immune system (reptimunsystem) and paramunity
        inducers (background:
        why do classic specific vaccines not work in reptiles?) in the
        context of a growing reptile industry and difficult factor
        diseases ( mycoplasma in crocodile farms, herpes in chelonians and
        seaturtles and so on) revealed following points.

        ectorthermy+phylogenetic weakness of specific immune functions ===>
        reptimunesystem is heavily paraspecific;

        there is also in reptiles an immuno neuro endocrine network (INEN)
        which is regulated with cytokines;
        that means immune system neurosystem and endocrine system work together
        in a supersystem and interact in a big network. thats where the
        connection of immune system and neurosystem is.

        and additionaly the immune system and the neuro system are very similar:
        both receive information via receptors (biochemical patterns versus
        electromagnetic) process that
        information and regulate other body systems. and everywhere you find
        biochemical and electromagnetic
        junctions.

        additionally to this "complex immune system" dont forget barriers (skin)
        and last but not least
        eubiotic bacterias dwelling skin and gut.

        so what has light quality to do with it.

        some hints:

        red and infrared: heating, drying, disinfecting ==>INEN
        blue : seeing, moving, communicating ==> INEN
        uva: seeing, differenciating sexual partners, communicating ==> INEN
        uvb: d3, ca, disinfecting ==> INEN

        rhythmics and color temperature+ intensity: pineal eye ==> melatonine
        ==> INEN
        color temperature+ intensity: eye ==> serotonine ==> INEN

        we have to assume that the subjective color impression of reptiles is
        different to humans:
        that relativates our anthropocetric measures of lumen and lux and
        finally gives a wrong idea
        of what is light or dark for a reptile, if we dont include color
        temperature.

        so there is much work to do, to teach us a good reptile feeling.

        literature:

        Tetrachromatic input to turtle horizontal cells.
        Chromatic adaptation revealed the spectral-sensitivity function of the
        turtle UV cone peaking at 372 nm
        http://snipurl.com/pyw3

        wikpedia:
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetrachromat

        and very important:

        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luminosity_function

        so what would a luminosity function for reptiles be?

        about the reptimunsystem:

        also something english on my webpage:

        http://www.qmvet.de/sources/paramunity_inducer_arav_tucson.pdf

        on immune system and pineal eye:

        Effects of photoperiod and melatonin on lymphocyte activities in male
        broiler chickens

        http://www.aegis.com/aidsline/2000/may/A0051809.html

        Melatonin-immune system relationships

        http://snipurl.com/pyxa

        Persistent photoperiodic effects on immunological
        responsiveness: shedding light on immunity

        www.bio.indiana.edu/~demaslab/58.pdf

        see you saturday in nuernberg

        gx henry

        --

        "half of life is spreadsheet calculation, the rest mixed calculation.."

        Wichtig: neue dght stadtgruppe - neues programm:

        unter http://www.qmvet.de rubrik stadtgruppe

        more on cows, reptiles and sidesteps:

        NEW UPDATE: http://www.qmvet.de

        this site is under permanent construction!

      • lilacdawndragon
        Message 3 of 3 , May 4, 2006
          Hello, Henry.
          How I wish I could join in your conversation at this Zoo meeting.
          This is fascinating.
          I will try to work my way through all these references; thank you so
          much for sharing them with us.
          Frances

          --- In UVB_Meter_Owners@yahoogroups.com, henry brames