Re: T-Rex Super 60W

  • gonzo1979m
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 31, 2006
      --- In UVB_Meter_Owners@yahoogroups.com, "Bob MacCargar"
      <robertmaccargar@h...> wrote:

      > --- In UVB_Meter_Owners@yahoogroups.com, "gonzo1979m"
      > <gonzo1979m@y...> wrote:
      > >

      > > Cause ReptileUV and T-Rex have the same distributor of their Lamps,
      > > named Westron, i've looked at the homepage from T-Rex. I've found
      > > there the "Super 60W".
      > >
      > > Is this Lamp the same as the Mega-Ray, or is it comparable with the
      > > Mega-Ray?
      > >
      > > Do anyone have tested this Lamp?
      > > Björn
      >
      > Hello Bjorn,
      >
      > I think you are looking at the WildinSide web site that also sells
      > the 60wt MegaRay style kits that I designed. But if Trex does carry
      > it, it will be the same. The UVB at 30cm is 150-200uW/cm2. About the
      > same as your 100wt ActiveUV SB bulb but without the heat.
      >
      > Best,
      >
      > BM

      Another Question:

      On the Website of WildInSite i've seen the Lamp. The 60wt don't have
      milky glass like the new version of the 100W Flood. As per uvguide the
      100W Flood is only good with the milky glass, the earlier version
      don't produces high uvb and loose this faster then the new version.
      Why the 60wt don't have milky glass.

      Thanks for answering

      Bye

      Björn
    • gonzo1979m
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 31, 2006
        <snip>
        > I'am sorry, that i can't buy from u, cause its your lamp and you have
        > the best suggestions. But i think, i can get the T-Rex cheaper, sorry
        > for that, but 200€ is to much for one lamp, do u understand?
        >
        > When the price will be the same, i'll buy it from you, of course.
        >

        > Thanks
        >
        > Björn

        Here is the Link:
        http://www.uvheat.com/store3/c546.html
      • gonzo1979m
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 31, 2006
          <robertmaccargar@h...> wrote:

          > > I'am sorry, that i can't buy from u, cause its your lamp and you have
          > > the best suggestions. But i think, i can get the T-Rex cheaper, sorry
          > > for that, but 200€ is to much for one lamp, do u understand?
          > >
          > > When the price will be the same, i'll buy it from you, of course.
          > > Björn
          >

          > No problem! I developed this bulb so reptiles will be healthier. Where
          > did you see this kit for sale in Europe? Do you have a link?
          >
          > BM

          I don't have seen it in europe. But T-Rex 100 or 160wt is selled by
          many dealers in Germany. I'll ask them, if the can provide the 60wt
          version, too.

          But on the website of T-Rex i cannot find the 60wt versions. I have
          seen it at the wildinside page. I havn't know that wildinside and
          t-rex are two firms.

          I think i have to buy your Mega-Ray. With Dominic i talked about
          shipping. He told me, that the shipping of one lamp will cost 122
          US-$, then the lamp kit for 75 us-$. Together 197 $. Then i have to
          pay 2% duty and then 16% import turnover tax of lamp and shipping.
          Result: I have to pay 233,10 $. Thats a lot of money.
          Dominic sayd me, that he try to look for a cheaper shipping, but last
          the 24th of January i don't get an answer.

          With The United States Postal Service, i've found a shipping service,
          that will ship it for 40 Dollars. That i've told Dominic on 25
          january. I hope he will answer cause i will really get a Mega-Ray. I
          think that this is the best Lamp for my viv.

          Thank you for your very good advice. i hope we will find a solution.

          (at 5 a clock i have to stand up, and now here its 03.10 a clock, i've
          2 hours to sleep, but to find the right lamp its worth the trouble.)

          Bye

          Björn
        • gonzo1979m
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 31, 2006
            <robertmaccargar@h...> wrote:

            > > I'am sorry, that i can't buy from u, cause its your lamp and you have
            > > the best suggestions. But i think, i can get the T-Rex cheaper, sorry
            > > for that, but 200€ is to much for one lamp, do u understand?
            > >
            > > When the price will be the same, i'll buy it from you, of course.
            > > Björn
            >

            > No problem! I developed this bulb so reptiles will be healthier. Where
            > did you see this kit for sale in Europe? Do you have a link?
            >
            > BM

            I don't have seen it in europe. But T-Rex 100 or 160wt is selled by
            many dealers in Germany. I'll ask them, if the can provide the 60wt
            version, too.

            But on the website of T-Rex i cannot find the 60wt versions. I have
            seen it at the wildinside page. I havn't know that wildinside and
            t-rex are two firms.

            I think i have to buy your Mega-Ray. With Dominic i talked about
            shipping. He told me, that the shipping of one lamp will cost 122
            US-$, then the lamp kit for 75 us-$. Together 197 $. Then i have to
            pay 2% duty and then 16% import turnover tax of lamp and shipping.
            Result: I have to pay 233,10 $. Thats a lot of money.
            Dominic sayd me, that he try to look for a cheaper shipping, but last
            the 24th of January i don't get an answer.

            With The United States Postal Service, i've found a shipping service,
            that will ship it for 40 Dollars. That i've told Dominic on 25
            january. I hope he will answer cause i will really get a Mega-Ray. I
            think that this is the best Lamp for my viv.

            Thank you for your very good advice. i hope we will find a solution.

            (at 5 a clock i have to stand up, and now here its 03.10 a clock, i've
            2 hours to sleep, but to find the right lamp its worth the trouble.)

            Bye

            Björn
          • lilacdawndragon
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 1, 2006
              Hi, Bjorn.
              I do hope I'm not going to cause problems here but... what voltage is
              your electrical supply in Germany?
              I'm in the UK and the mains voltage is 220 - 240 volts. Isn't it the
              same in Germany?

              The USA EB 60 watt MegaRay is a wonderful lamp. I have two at the
              moment, for my bearded dragons, in 4ft by 2ft by 2ft vivs and the
              60watt EB lamp is INSIDE these vivaria and does not overheat them. In
              fact they both need additional basking lamps on thermostats to get
              the heat just right, except in summer.
              HOWEVER... the EB Kit needs a 110 volt, (USA voltage)supply to plug
              its ballast box into.
              You will need a step-down transformer. Is this ok?

              T-Rex only supply the SB (self ballasted) lamps and don't sell any EB
              (externally ballasted) lamps which require the external ballast box
              to operate them.
              As far as I know, it isn't yet possible to manufacture an SB lamp
              which is less than 100 watts, this has something to do with the way
              that "self" ballasts work...

              Bjorn, if you do get a ReptileUV EB Megaray Kit you won't be
              disappointed with it!... but I think you will also need a step-down
              transformer. You will also need a ceramic holder for the bulb (you
              may already have one in your viv?) plus the cable from this which you
              will need to buy a USA mains plug for, as well, since you plug this
              into the ballast box.

              If you would like me to send pictures or more details about my set-
              up, please mail me off list.

              If all this seems impossibly difficult, have you considered fitting
              the top of your vivarium with a screen top (as they do in the USA
              most of the time) and suspending the hotter SB 100watt TRex Flood in
              a dome above the mesh? (The heat isn't then trapped inside and the
              viv won't overheat)
              Or, you could do what another guy I know does, and cut a big hole in
              the roof of the viv and fix mesh over it. The dome with his SB
              mercury vapour lamp then sits on this mesh. Again, being outside the
              viv, enough heat is lost to the air above that the extra heat is no
              problem.

              Again I have photos of this which I can send you - just let me know.

              All the best
              Frances
              http://www.uvguide.co.uk

              ps, yes I too spend many hours late at night, on the internet in
              connection with reptile lamps! :-)

            • bobmac@reptileuv.com
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 6, 2006
                >>On the Website of WildInSite i've seen the Lamp. The 60wt don't have
                milky glass like the new version of the 100W Flood. As per uvguide the
                100W Flood is only good with the milky glass, the earlier version
                don't produces high uvb and loose this faster then the new version.
                Why the 60wt don't have milky glass.<<

                Joe hasn't up graded his site. My new design needs to have appropriate
                distances and settings so no reptiles are hurt. But unfortunately I do
                not have control of that end of marketing.

                BM