Re: Compact florescent bulb mounting

  • lilacdawndragon
    Message 1 of 11 , May 1, 2005
      The tests on the Reptisun 10.0 Compact, Reptisun 5.0 Compact, and
      Arcadia Compact are due to be published in Reptile Care magazine, the
      May edition (due out any day now)
      I haven't published these results online to be fair to the magazine
      editors. However, all the results for our tests (Myself, Rob Lane,
      Rachel Hitch and Andy Beveridge) will eventually get up on the web.
      Alas, there is a great deal of work involved in writing up all the data
      from our project into Microsoft Word (for the printed publications) -
      we have tested 83 lamps to date (of all types) and the number keeps
      growing! Let alone converting the multi-megabyte Word documents to HTML
      web pages.

      However it will get done.

      Meanwhile the fluorescent tubes and compacts will be in the May Reptile
      Care magazine. The section on Mercury Vapour Tubes is still being
      written, we have to make some last minute changes owing to new specs on
      some of the lamps. This should appear in the July issue of Reptile Care.

      The reports in Reptile Care are not given in full detail, as the
      magazine is not a scientific journal! Those of you who would like to
      read complete reports with fuller data on each lamp plus the relevent
      references and discussion of the scientific literature will have to
      wait a little longer. We are doing our best to write this, too, but
      none of us do this for a living!

      Thanks for your patience.
      Frances

      ps. I haven't forgotten the World UVB recordings either. In fact this
      is going to be feature in the more scientific write-up. Please keep the
      summer solstice (June 21st) in your diaries, everyone...

      --- In UVB_Meter_Owners@yahoogroups.com, "hellomynameismanlu"
      <hellomynameismanlu@y...> wrote:
      > Frances,
      > Have you done anyrecent testing on the reptisun 10s, 5s and arcadia
      > compacts? When is it good to be alble to tell the decay rate? If you
      > have done some tests where should i go to find them? In the
      > preliminary tests folder? If you havnt where should I look for them
      > in the future?
      > Thanks
    • vitd295nm
      Message 2 of 11 , May 1, 2005
        Where can I buy a "Reptile Care" magazine? PetSmart?

        --- In UVB_Meter_Owners@yahoogroups.com, "lilacdawndragon"
        <lilacdragon@l...> wrote:
        > The tests on the Reptisun 10.0 Compact, Reptisun 5.0 Compact, and
        > Arcadia Compact are due to be published in Reptile Care magazine, the
        > May edition (due out any day now)
      • Manlu Huang
        Message 3 of 11 , May 1, 2005
          I beleive you must subscribe to it or order isssues. Their site is reptilecaremagazine.com

          vitd295nm <information@...> wrote:Where can I buy a "Reptile Care" magazine? PetSmart?