'Thought & Humor' - ...by Dr. Howdy - 2 new articles - 10.2.6

  • ***Dr. Howdy***
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2006

      1. Who Are These People???
      2. Our Blog Readers Snapshot

      Who Are These People???

      ......................See blog for answers

      Our Blog Readers Snapshot

      NumPerc.Country Name
      drill down4247.73%United StatesUnited States
      drill down1618.18%CanadaCanada
      drill down89.09%United KingdomUnited Kingdom
      drill down55.68%AustraliaAustralia
      drill down44.55%United Arab EmiratesUnited Arab Emirates
      drill down33.41%TaiwanTaiwan
      drill down33.41%IndiaIndia
      drill down22.27%AustriaAustria
      drill down22.27%Czech RepublicCzech Republic
      drill down22.27%KuwaitKuwait
      drill down11.14%SwedenSweden

      Above numbers give a snapshot of the locations
      of our last 100 readers around 7 A.M. today.
      This will change completely in the next few
      minutes. 'Thought & Humor' has been read
      in ALL 230 countries of the world. A numerical
      counter is shown way below.

      from "'Thought & Humor'
      ...by Dr. Howdy"

      Howdy says: "FORWARD TO FRIENDS & YOUR MAMA!"
      First Published In Last Century - July 26,1997
      Thought For The OPEN Mind - Humor From American Culture

      ===============

      If you stop believing what your professor told you had to be true
      and if you start thinking for yourself you may come to some
      conclusions you hadn't expected. You may find the Bible makes
      more sense than you thought or were told to think. Allow yourself
      to be ruined, ruined with regard to what you always thought could
      be true. Can you believe what you don't understand? You and I
      believe everyday what we don't understand unless it comes to
      the issue of salvation.                - - -  Dr. Woodrow Kroll

      There is simply no historic foundation for the position that the
      Framers intended to build the 'wall of separation' that was
      constitutionalized in Everson. The 'wall of separation be-
      tween church and state' is a metaphor based on bad history,
      a metaphor which has proved useless as a guide to judging.
      It should be frankly and explicitly abandoned.
                  - - - Chief Justice of the US Supreme Court, William Rehnquist

      In 1796 the US Supreme Court issued this ruling, "By our form
      of government, the Christian religion is the established religion,
      and all sects and denominations of Christians are placed on
      equal footing."  Some 57 years later, after Congress was
      petitioned to separate Christian principles from government,
      in 1853 the House Judiciary Committee issued their formal
      report, including these words: "In this age there is no substitute
      for Christianity. This was the religion of the founders of the republic,
      and they expected it to be the religion of their dependents. The
      great vital, conservative elements in our system is the belief of
      our people in the pure doctrines and divine truths of the gospel
      of Jesus Christ."  - - - Dr. Gerald Beavan

       "It is the duty of nations, as well as of men, to own
      their dependence upon the overruling power of God
      and to recognize the sublime truth announced in the
      Holy Scriptures and proven by all history, that those
      nations only are blessed whose God is the Lord."
      -- President Abraham Lincoln

      Trust in yourself and you are doomed to disappointment;
      trust in money and you may have it taken from you;
      but trust in God, and you are never to be confounded in
      time or eternity.                                     - D.L. Moody

      Faith and love are apt to be spasmodic in the best of minds.
      Men and women live on the brink of mysteries and harmonies
      into which they never enter and with their hand on the doorlatch
      they die outside.         GK Chesterton

      ===============

      Address Change

      Don't be without 'Thought & Humor' this electrifying autumn season
      should your address (college students, military, rich people, etc.)
      change. Subscribe your new address:

         http://write-howdy.blogspot.com/

      It's hard to impress the opposite sex without 'Thought & Humor'
      combined with moonlight, candlelight dinners, ocean breezes,
                                        and Howdy...

      Permission is hereby granted for you to change all
      humor used in The"E-Mail Newspaper", 'Thought
      & Humor' and its subsidiaries related to the institution
      of lower learning hereby known as UNC to another
      of your choice from the list below:

      1) French university students
      2) Harvard or U.C.-Berkeley
      3) Any accredited high school or middle school
      4) Any Loggerheads & Pundits
      5) Any and all persnickety individuals or nincompoops
      6) Any Chapel Hill, NC Citizen unless same sends an offspring
      to NCSU, JSU, MSU, USC, UGA, or FSU.

      ===============

                  "How to Be Sure You're
                     a REAL Christian"

                     1-888-NEED-HIM
      (24/7 - free call)

      ===============

       Depressed, Troubled, Worried???
       Big Problems???
       Want to talk with a LIVE trained counselor???
       Want to get REAL help???
         (FREE - English/Spanish)

             1-800-633-3446

      (Not amalgamated with 'Thought & Humor')

      ===============

      I am trying here to prevent anyone from saying the really
      foolish thing that people often say about Him [Jesus Christ]:
      "I'm ready to accept Jesus as a great moral teacher, but I
      don't accept His claim to be God."

      That is the one thing we must not say. A man who was
      merely a man and said the sort of things Jesus said would
      not be a great moral teacher. He would either be a lunatic --
      on a level with a man who says he is a poached egg --
      or else he would be the Devil of Hell.

      You must make your choice. Either this Man was, and is,
      the Son of God, or else a madman or something worse ....
      You can shut Him up for fool, you can spit at Him and kill
      Him as a demon; or you can fall at His feet and call Him
      Lord and God. But let us not come up with any patronizing
      nonsense about His being a great human teacher. He has
      not left that option open to us. He did not intend to.

                -- From Case for Christianity, by C.S. Lewis

      "Let every student be plainly instructed and earnestly pressed to consider
      well the main end of his life and studies is to know God and Jesus Christ
      which is eternal life (John 17:3)."

         - - - The Laws and Statutes of Harvard College in 1643

       "All scholars shall live religious, godly, and blameless lives according
      to the rules of God's Word, diligently reading the Holy Scriptures, the
      fountain of light and truth; and constantly attend upon all the duties
      of religion, both in public and secret."

       - - - Two central requirements in Yale College 1745 charter

      ===============

         (Not amalgamated with 'Thought & Humor')

      ===============

      AMERICA ARCHIVED
      http://www.archives.gov/
      This government site offers access to historic documents.
      View the Declaration of Independence and the Bill of Rights.

      'Thought & Humor' -  often polemical but
      never tasteless/unrefined/uncouth/ribald.

      Please note: If you see a UNC student or liberal reading 'Thought & Humor',
      please explain to them which is thought & which is humor. They usually get it backwards.......

      ===============

      God designed humans to want to believe in something.
      That's the image of God that is in us. But as G. K.
      Chesterton famously put it, when we reject the God
      of the Bible, we don't believe in nothing; we believe
      in everything -- including Little Green Men.

                   - - Chuck Colson

      Dear Howdy,

      Thank you for your simply addicting newsletter...it's truly a candidate
      for the 8th wonder of the world and 1st candidate for the cyber-world...
      it just keeps blooming with more of what I need and, I think, what we
      all need...please keep up the great works!!!

      Type atcha later...

      God bless you,

      Phil H
      WI

      Dear Howdy, Indeed I am a faithful Tarheel*, having both
      MA and Ph.D. from their fine chemistry department.
      But that doesn't keep me from getting a great kick out
      of the humor propagated by what appears to me to be
      a pack of wolves!!**

      SERIOUSLY, THE HUMOR IS GREAT FUN BUT MY
      MAIN ATTRACTION WAS TO THE CONSERVATIVE
      MORAL AND POLITICAL STANCE THAT SEEMED
      TO CHARACTERIZE THE FIRST ISSUE I SAW.
      INCIDENTALLY (HE SAYS ACCIDENTALLY!), it was
      sent to me by a friend,  so I really didn't "hear about
      you" at all, and still haven't. All I know is what has
      come in the two issues of the Newsletter I have
      seen. The best to you.

      S. P.

      *Another name for UNC.
      ** UNC's archrival - NCSU.

      ===============

      Board of Advisors for 'Thought & Humor':

      Did you know that 'Thought & Humor' has a distinguished Board of Advisors
      that are designed to be a cross section demographically of our readership as far
      as age, location, gender, marital status, education & occupation are concerned???

      Bill - 50's - FL - Computer Operator for 911 System, V.P. - Archives
      Brenda - 50's - TX - University Administor, Married
      Caroline - 20's - FL - Married, University Student
      David - 50's - NJ - Businessman, Married
      Doug - 50's - TN - President of 501(c)(3) Corp, Married
      Ellen - 20's - NJ - University Student
      Emily - 30's - TN - Banker, Married
      Janet - 40's - MI - Married, Former Missionary to Arab Country
      Jerry - 80's - CA - Retired Theology Professor, Lobbyist, Author
      Jill - 50's - MN - Restaurant Owner, Married
      Jim - 40's - NM - Businessman, Married
      John - 50's - Peru - Pastor, Married
      Katie - 20's - NC - Teacher, Married to UNC Med Student
      Laura - 30's - NY - English Teacher
      Lisa - 40's - TN - Secretary, Married
      Marie - 60's - South Africa - Entrepreneur, Politician
      Mamie - 20's - GA - Elementary Teacher
      Milton - 19 - GA - College Student
      Phil - 50's WI - Handicapped
      Rob - 20's - NY - University Administor, Married
      Ruth - 50's - CA - Real Estate, Involved in Spanish Ministry
      Sarah - 20's - NC - UNC Student, Married
      Shirl - 60's - CO - Finance Manager - Married to Minister
      Steve - 40's - TX - Married, Computer Hardware Design
      Wanda - 40's - Asia - Married - Communist Country

      Advisory meetings are held weekly via the internet
      and none receive monetary/pecuniary compensation
      for their extensive/capacious/voluminous expertise.

      ===============

      "I believe the Bible is the best gift God has ever given to man.
      All the good from the Savior of the world is communicated to
      us through this book."        -- President Abraham Lincoln

      "For we must consider that we shall be as a City upon a hill.
      The eyes of all people are upon us.  So that if we shall deal
      falsely with our God in this work we have undertaken, and
      so cause Him to withdraw his present help from us, we
      shall be made a story and a byword throughout the world."
      --John Winthrop,
      Governor of the Massachusetts Bay Colony, 1630

      "It is impossible to rightly govern the world without God and
      the Bible." - President George Washington

      "The Bible is no mere book, but a Living Creature, with a
      power that conquers all that oppose it." - Napoleon

      "That Book accounts for the supremacy of England."
      - Queen Victoria

      "If there is anything in my thought or style to commend ,
      the credit is due my parents for instilling in me an early
      love of the Scriptures. If we abide by the principals taught
      in the Bible, our country will go on prospering and to prosper;
      but if we and our posterity neglect its instructions and authority,
      no man can tell how sudden a catastrophe may overwhelm us and
      bury all our glory in profound obscurity." - Daniel Webster
      (Founding Father)

      "The Bible is worth all other books which have ever been printed."
      - Patrick Henry   (original member of the Continental Congress)

      "The Bible is the anchor of our liberties." -  President U.S. Grant

      "It is impossible to enslave mentally or socially a Bible-reading people.
      The principals of the Bible are the groundwork of human freedom."
      - Horace Greeley  (Editor)

      "That Book is the rock on which our Republic rests." - President Andrew Jackson

      "In all my perplexities and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me
      light and strength." - Gen. Robert E. Lee

      "Bible reading is an education in itself." - Lord Tennyson (Poet)

      "So great is my veneration for the Bible that the earlier my children begin
      to read it the more confident will be my hope that they will prove useful
      citizens of their country and respectable members of society. I have for
      many years made it a practice to read through the Bible once every year."
      - President John Quincy Adams

      "The existence of the Bible, as a Book for the people, is the greatest
      benefit which the human race has ever experienced. Every attempt to
      belittle it is a crime against humanity." - Immanuel Kant (Philosopher)

      "The New Testament is the very best Book that ever or ever will be
      known in the world." - Charles Dickens (Author)

      "All human discoveries seem to be made only for the purpose of
      confirming more and more strongly the truths contained in the
      Sacred Scriptures." - Sir William Herschel (Astronomer)

      "There are more sure marks of authenticity in the Bible than in
      any profane history." - Sir Isaac Newton (Scientist)

      "Let mental culture go on advancing, let the natural sciences
      progress in even greater extent and depth, and the human
      mind widen itself as much as it desires; beyond the elevation
      and moral culture of Christianity, as it shines forth in the Gospels,
      it will not go." - Goethe (Author)

      "I have known ninety-five of the world's great men in my time,
      and of these eight-seven were followers of the Bible. The Bible
      is stamped with a Specialty of Origin, and an immeasurable
      distance separates it from all competitors."
      - W.E. Gladstone (Prime Minister)

      "Whatever merit there is in anything that I have written is simply
      due to the fact that when I was a chile my mother daily read me
      a part of the Bible and daily made me learn a part of it by heart."
      - John Ruskin (art critic and social commentator)

      "The Bible has been the Magna Charta of the poor and oppressed.
      The human race is not in a position to dispense with it." - Thomas
      Huxley (Author & Scientist)

      "The whole hope of human progress is suspended on the ever
      growing influence of the Bible." - W.H. Seward (Secretary of State)

      "America was born a Christian nation. America was born
      to exemplify that devotion to the elements of righteousness,
      which are derived from the revelations of Holy Scriptures.
      Part of the destiny of Americans lies in their daily perusal
      of this great book of revelations. That if they would see
      America free and pure they will make their own spirits
      free and pure by this baptism of the Holy Spirit."
      --President Woodrow Wilson

      For Christians, the life and death of Jesus are the ultimate
      expressions of love, and the supreme demonstrations of
      God's mercy, faithfulness, and redemption. Since Christ's
      miraculous Resurrection on Easter, more than 2,000 years
      ago, Christians have expressed joy and gratitude for this
      wondrous sacrifice and for God's promise of freedom for
      the oppressed, healing for the brokenhearted, and salvation.
            --President George W. Bush

      "It cannot be emphasized too strongly or too often that this
      great nation was founded, not by religionists, but by Christians;
      not on religions, but on the gospel of Jesus Christ.  For this
      very  reason peoples of other faiths have been afforded asylum,
      prosperity, and freedom of worship here."
      --Patrick Henry  (
      original member of the Continental Congress)

      On Yahoo!7
      Fuel Price Watch: Find the cheapest petrol in your area