Hacking the UV-B5

  • lelazary
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 3, 2013
      Just wanted to share some information on hacking the UV-B5. I know there is a separate group for that radio, but the original hacking of the UV-3R started here, so I am posting the information here as well (and since the radio are very similar to each other).

      Bottom line, is that the UV-B5 is a much simpler hack since they have separated the CPU from the radio with a cable. Also, the programming pads on the CPU are exposed, but I have not been able to program the CPU (maybe I have the wrong protocol).
      You can read more on the hacking progress here:
      http://www.elazary.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=53:hacking-the-uv-b5&catid=14:baofeng-uv5r&Itemid=17

      Lior
      Kk6BWA