Software to program UV-3R Plus

  • Gene Robertson
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 23, 2013
      Hi Folks,
      I have the UV-5R and so I just purchased the uv-3R Plus version since it uses the same programming cable.

      I apologize if this has been asked a bunch of times, but what programming software works with the UV-3R Plus? I tried chirp and was able to download the factory image but when I upload the file with my repeater frequencies to the radio there is only one memory channel (like 400.000). I can re-upload the original image and all the garbage frequencies from the factory go back in so the cable must be working but apparently the chirp software does not work?

      Any help appreciated.
      Gene
      N3RKN
    • John LaMartina
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 23, 2013

        Gene,

        You're almost there. Your cable is fine.

        CHIRP needs to know what type of radio it's working with.

        You first need to Download from Radio to create the initial template.

        Then make the additions to the new template and upload back to the radio.

        Refer to http://www.miklor.com/UV3R/UV3R-CHIRP.php

        FAQ #1

        Hope this helps,

        John K3NXU

        http://www.miklor.com/UV3R

        I have the UV-5R and so I just purchased the uv-3R Plus version since it uses the same programming cable.

        I apologize if this has been asked a bunch of times, but what programming software works with the UV-3R Plus? I tried chirp and was able to download the factory image but when I upload the file with my repeater frequencies to the radio there is only one memory channel (like 400.000). I can re-upload the original image and all the garbage frequencies from the factory go back in so the cable must be working but apparently the chirp software does not work?

        Any help appreciated.
        Gene
        N3RKN

        No virus found in this message.

      • Gene Robertson
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 23, 2013
          Working now!
          Thanks for your help!
          Gene

          --- In UV-3R@yahoogroups.com, "John LaMartina" <johnla@...> wrote:

          > Gene,
          >
          > You're almost there. Your cable is fine.
          >
          > CHIRP needs to know what type of radio it's working with.
          >
          > You first need to Download from Radio to create the initial template.
          >
          > Then make the additions to the new template and upload back to the radio.
          >

          > Refer to http://www.miklor.com/UV3R/UV3R-CHIRP.php
          >
          > FAQ #1
          >

          > Hope this helps,
          >
          > John K3NXU
          >
          > http://www.miklor.com/UV3R

        • John LaMartina ☀
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 23, 2013
            Fantastic.
            Enjoy your new toy...

            John K3NXU
            Http://www.miklor.com/

            Peter Piper picked 8.8 liters of pickled peppers.
            Go Metric...