Re: [UV-3R] Digest Number 814-REPLY

  • Alex739
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 27, 2013
      OK Last year some time there was a user on here who worked for the Government. He took his radio in to work and tried to load the programming software for both the UV-3R and U/V-5R. He said"My regular anti-virus software saw this as a potential threat and a possible Trojan virus."

      He said when he took it in to work and tried to load in on one of their government computers the system stopped it completely and gave him a warning that it in fact DID contain a serious Virus. I do not remember who this person was but it is in last years or early this years postings. This would have been from August 2012 to maybe March of 2013. If there is a way to search the archives maybe someone can research it. Personally I don;t use anything but Chirp to program my radios. I'd rather be safe than sorry.
      I was just trying to pass on information about an Issue with the software, not create a major rift.
      I wish I could remember the users name who posted it,
      I'm sorry
      --
      Alex Watters
      KK4KHK

      George Clooney: Ulysses as Everett McGill: " Believe me Delmar, woman is the most fiendish instrument of torture ever devised to bedevil the days of man!"

      "If you ever forget we are one nation UNDER GOD then we will be a nation gone under."
      {President Ronald Regan}

    • mbramwel2001
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 31, 2013
        Thanks for the heads up. Luckily it was a government computer which means the threat was probably not a real threat. My interaction with government IT systems has shown them to be old and non-effective. Probably using less than ideal anti-virus software and no experienced IT help to properly diagnose if it was a real threat.

        If someone has first hand info on virus infected china-radio software please speak up. We need to put this to rest ASAP as real or not-real.