Prolific 203 driver for Windows 7 & 8.......Reply

  • Alex739
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 23, 2013
      Windows 7 & 8 does not have the correct DLL file for windows 7&8. It's a major pain in the butt to find the proper one.
      However there is an easy way to get around it. Go to microsoft and install "Active Sync" when the install asks for hardware
      select "Generic USB driver". This adds the correct DLL file to make it work in most circumstances.
      That is the only way i could get my my laptop to finally recognize the the Prolific 203 configuration.
      Let me know if this does not work and i will upload a copy of mine t the files database for you to download.
      --
      Alex Watters
      KK4KHK

      George Clooney: Ulysses as Everett McGill: " Believe me Delmar, woman is the most fiendish instrument of torture ever devised to bedevil the days of man!"

      "If you ever forget we are one nation UNDER GOD then we will be a nation gone under."
      {President Ronald Regan}

    • mjlindsay49
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 24, 2013
        it is spelled "activesync"