Re: vx2 speaker mike problem with UV3R mark2

  • fp5cj
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 2, 2013
      How to rewire? any shematic?
      TKS for info if so!
      73
      ---------------------------

      In UV-3R@yahoogroups.com, Jyri Saastamoinen <jyri.saastamoinen@...> wrote:

      > Yep, you either rewire your mike or buy kenwood-style mike. Baofeng-wiring
      > differs from yaesu.
      >
      > Cheers
      >
      > OH4GRM

    • Jyri Saastamoinen
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 3, 2013
        Here is info about bao uv3r pinouts:

        Actually, keep the yaesu mike / sell it and buy another for bao, you get one @ about 15usd:

        Cheers
        oh4grm

      • John
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 4, 2013
          or about $6.50 on Ebay :-)

          Be advised, though, that I never did solve the bassy-ness issue with my "genuine" Baofeng speaker mike. (see previous posts).

          So far, I have:

          1) Replaced the mike cartridge with one from a Nokia phone (I have a lot of respect for those Nokia dudes)
          2) Tried dropping the applied voltage to the mike by about a volt with a series resistor (because it sounded quite "hot", as well as bassy)

          73
          john VK4TJ