Re: vx2 speaker mike problem with UV3R mark2

  • Jyri Saastamoinen
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 1, 2013
      Yep, you either rewire your mike or buy kenwood-style mike. Baofeng-wiring differs from yaesu.

      Cheers

      OH4GRM
    • Mike Craig
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 1, 2013
        I have not had a problem with transmit but have with receive.  The solution was a rather simple one.  The jack has a "sweet" spot where receive operates will.  By rotating and moving the plug in and out of the jack I was able to find it.  Once there, it operates as it should.  I use a speaker/mic not manufactured by one of the major companies.

        73,
        Mike, WA7TN

      • fp5cj
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 2, 2013
          How to rewire? any shematic?
          TKS for info if so!
          73
          ---------------------------

          In UV-3R@yahoogroups.com, Jyri Saastamoinen <jyri.saastamoinen@...> wrote:

          > Yep, you either rewire your mike or buy kenwood-style mike. Baofeng-wiring
          > differs from yaesu.
          >
          > Cheers
          >
          > OH4GRM

        • Jyri Saastamoinen
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 3, 2013
            Here is info about bao uv3r pinouts:

            Actually, keep the yaesu mike / sell it and buy another for bao, you get one @ about 15usd:

            Cheers
            oh4grm

          • John
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 4, 2013
              or about $6.50 on Ebay :-)

              Be advised, though, that I never did solve the bassy-ness issue with my "genuine" Baofeng speaker mike. (see previous posts).

              So far, I have:

              1) Replaced the mike cartridge with one from a Nokia phone (I have a lot of respect for those Nokia dudes)
              2) Tried dropping the applied voltage to the mike by about a volt with a series resistor (because it sounded quite "hot", as well as bassy)

              73
              john VK4TJ